Chào mừng!

ĐĂNG KÝ THÀNH VIÊN MỚI TẢI ĐƯỢC TÀI LIỆU! Đăng ký ngay!

KHÁCH VÀ THÀNH VIÊN CÓ THỂ TẢI MIỄN PHÍ HƯỚNG DẪN ĐĂNG KÝ THÀNH VIÊN VÀ TẢI » THƯ MỤC MIỄN PHÍYOPOVN
ĐĂNG KÝ NÂNG CẤP THÀNH VIÊN VIP ĐĂNG KÝ NÂNG CẤP THÀNH VIÊN VIP » ĐĂNG KÝ NGAYĐĂNG KÝ NÂNG CẤP THÀNH VIÊN VIP

Yopovn

Ban quản trị Team YOPO
Thành viên BQT
Tham gia
28/1/21
Bài viết
Điểm
tác giả
TUYỂN TẬP 15 Đề ôn tập tiếng anh lớp 9 có đáp án CUỐI NĂM VÀO 10 NĂM 2022 - 2023 được soạn dưới dạng file word gồm 31 trang. Các bạn xem và tải về ở dưới.
BỘ 12 ĐỀ ÔN THI CUỐI NĂM ANH 9

TEST 1

PART A. LANGUAGE FOCUS (4.0 POINTS)

I. Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. (0.6 điểm)

0. A. livelyB. healthy©. denyD. crazy
1. A. variety B. bilingual C. dialect D. derivative

2. A. accent B. dialect C. ability D. variety

3. A. documentary B. population C. stimulate D. maximum

II. Chọn một từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiêt khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. (0.4 điểm)

0. A. enjoyB. control©. helpfulD. again
1. A. mysterious B. generous C. extensive D. pollution

2. A. exchange B. purpose C. casual D. fashion

III. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ / cụm từ đúng như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. ( 2.0 điểm )

0. She is always proud __________her father.

A. sinceB. in©. OfD. at
1. The book__________ you lent me is worth to read.

A. what B. which C. whom D. whose

2. The boy__________ is talking with John is my best friend.

A. who B. which C. whom D. whose

3. She had to learn English because she works for a _________ company.

A. big B. world C. multinational D. multifunctional

4. The country was chopped up _________ small administrative areas.

A. into B. to C. between D. from

5. Two weeks ago, Mr. John__________ his reservations.

A. makes B. was made C. made D. has made

6. When I called on her, Mary__________ her room.

A. clean B. cleans C. cleaning D. was cleaning

7. Sarah and her husband__________ the movies last Saturday.

A. was going B. went to C. they went D. went they to

8. Louis Pasteur, _________ discovered a cure for rabies, was a French scientist.

A. he B. that C. who D. whom

9. The system of water pipes has broken. The supply_________.

A. will reduce B. will be reduced

C. will have reduced D. will be reducing

10. Please remember__________ this letter.

A. to post B. post C. posting D. to have posted

IV. Chọn dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ ( Câu 0) đã làm (1.0 điểm )

0. My ideas needed more careful exploration (EXPLORE)

1. There are __________________ways of doing this. (VARY)

2. Microgravity means the state of __________________. (WEIGHT)

3. The new airport is now fully __________________. (OPERATE)

4. Jack has still been __________________ for over the past 6 months. I hope that he will soon find a job. (EMPLOY)

5. Although his job is quite good, he still wants to look for another job which provides him more __________________ opportunities. (PROMOTE)

PART B: READING ( 3.0 POINTS )

I. Đọc đoạn văn và khoanh tròn một phương án đúng nhất A, B, C hoặc D ứng với mỗi từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp để điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau. (1.0 điểm )

Mui Ne is located 24 kilometres northeast of Phan Thiet city. It is a fishing village as well as a familiar tourism area in BinhThuan province. (1) _________ lovely scenery of swaying coconut trees, Mui Ne, meaning “sheltered peninsula”, is one of the famous and popular holiday (2) _________ in the world with 15-kilometre strip of resorts along the beach.

Thank to the shallow and slopped beaches, the blue and clean water, nice sun rarely behind the clouds and cliffs battered by the waves of the sea, sometimes Mui Ne is (3) _________ Hawaii of Viet Nam. The beaches are fantastic with activities such as surfing and kite surfing. But the most attractive scenery at Mui Ne is moving lines of golden sand which is called “Sand Dunes” by local people. The sand is always moving because of the wind and looks like moving waves from a far and that is (4) _________ the dunes never look the same. The scenery is more fascinating at dawn. Mui Ne is really a good ideal for those who are interested in photography.

Mui Ne market and fishing harbor are also a good chance (5) _________daily life of local fishermen.

1. A. forB. withC. throughD. in
2. A. destinationsB. placesC. campsD. seasons
3. A. regardedB. foundC. judgedD. considered
4. A. reasonB. the reasonC. reason whyD. the reason why
5. A. to discoverB for discoveringC. discoveringD. to be discovered

II. Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời các câu hỏi sau. (2 điểm )

There are more than 3,000 languages in the world today, but only about six are major languages of the world. Two-thirds of the world’s populations speak those six languages. More than 300,000,000 people speak English as their first or native language. No one knows how many people speak it as a foreign language. Chinese is the only language with more speakers than English. This is because of the huge population of China, more than one billion people.

English is the native or official language on the one-fifth of the land area of the world. It is spoken in North America, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand. In South Africa and India it is one of the official languages.

More people study English than any other languages. In many countries, the textbook in universities are in English. Many university classes are taught in English even though the native language is not English. English is the language of international communication. It is the language of international business, research, and science. More than three-fourths of the world’s mail is written in English. More than three-fifths of the world’s radio stations use English. More than half of the scientific and research journals are in English. Most other languages have borrowed many English words.

A. Choose the best answer a, B, C or D to complete the sentences:

1. What language has the most speakers in the world?

A. English B. French C. Chinese D. Russian

2. ________people speak English as their first or native language.

A. Two-thirds of the world’s population B. Over 300 million

C. About 300 million D. nearly 300 billion

B. Answer the questions:

1. Are Chinese and Arabic probably major languages of the world?

2. What percent of the world’s radio stations are in English?

3. Why do some countries use English textbooks even though English is not the native language?

PART C: WRITING ( 3.0 POINT )

I. Hoàn chỉnh câu thứ hai sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi so với câu thứ nhất. ( 2.0 điểm )

1.People believe that he was killed by terrorists.

è He _______________________________________________________________

2.Unless you watch TV every day, you won’t know much new news.

è If you ____________________________________________________________

3.The young boy is naughty. He rides an expensive motorbike.

èThe young boy who___________________________________________________

4. In spite of the high prices, my daughter insists on going to the movies.

èAlthough_________________________________________________________

5. "Why don't we share the cost of the tour?" said my friend.

èMy friend suggested ___________________________________________________

II. Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1.0 điểm).

The three most important qualities to be a good teacher.

• Organized
  • patient
  • skillful and calm
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEST 2

I. Choose the word whose underline part is pronounced differently from the rest. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (0.6 điểm)

0. A. livelyB. healthy©. DenyD. crazy
1.A. wanted B. washed C. worked D. stopped

2. A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head

3. A. sauce B. stew C. sugar D. steam

II. Choose the word which has different stress pattern from the rest. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (0.4 điểm)

0. A. enjoyB. control©. HelpfulD. again
1.A. universe B. parabolic C. temperature D. Jupiter

2. A. skyscraper B. populous C. financial D. fabulous

III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the sentences. (10 câu) ( 2.0 điểm )

A. sinceB. in©. OfD. at
1. The book …………………….Amelia is reading now is about the Big Bang theory.

A. whichB. whoC. whereD. whose
2. More open discussions ………………….online to help us reach a good decision.

A. will conductB. will be conductedC. conductsD. conducted
3. Neil Armstrong landed on……….moon in 1969.

A. a B. an C. the D.∅

4. There was a long queue at the ...................... and customers were getting impatient.

A. check-out B. take-off C. departure lounge D. stopover

5. We didn’t buy…………….flowers yesterday.

A. some B. many C. much D. any

6. Gagarin ...................... into space eight years before Armstrong walked on the moon.

A. fly B. flew C. had flown D. has flown

7. You should eat more fruits and vegetables if you ………… to lose weight.

A.will want B.want C.would want D.wanted

8. Do you believe that space…………..have landed on our planet?

A. robots B. terrorists C. aliens D. advertisement

9. Don’t forget ……….your identity card with you to the interview.

A. taking B. take C. to take D. to taking

10. I wish I could take………..where I can experience microgravity.

A. a parabolic flight B. an ocean cruise

C. an express train D. flying course

IV. Supply the correct tense or form of the verb in parentheses. (5 câu) (1.0 điểm )

0. Where are you ? I (cook ) am cooking in the kitchen.

3. I wish I (live) ________________ near my school at the moment.

4. My father enjoys (watch) _______________ television in the evenings.

3. Remember (dress)___________smartly when you attend an interview.

4. If it (not pour)___________with rain tomorrow, we can go on a picnic.

5. It’s estimated that 1.3 billion tons of food (waste)______________ annually.

I, Choose the correct word A, B, C or D for each gap to complete the following passage. (1.0 điểm )

English is the language (1)…………has the largest vocabulary, with approximately 500,000 words and 300,000 technical terms. One (2)…………the basic characteristics of English is the simplicity of form. Many English words have been simplified over centuries. Many English words do not (3) ………… according to parts of speech. Another basic characteristic of English is the flexibility English has become a flexible language in which the same word can operate as many parts of (4) …………. The openness of vocabulary is another basic characteristic of English. English has many borrowed words, derivatives, ………… compounds.

1. A. which B. what C. who D. whom

2. A. on B. by C. about D. of

3. A. spend B. change C. take D. use

4. A. report B. voice C. speech D. word

5. A. with B. and C. so D. of

II. Read the following passage and answer the questions:

Today English is considered a global language or lingua franca. It is said that if you do not know English and cannot use it well, you may meet lots of difficulties in the modern world. More and more people are learning English for several reasons.

Firstly, they want to improve their knowledge. It is obvious that most of the important sources of information are now in English. We can easily find websites, journals, newspapers, and encyclopedias in English everywhere. If we know English well, we can attend quite a lot of online courses or go abroad to study. Many universities in different countries offer courses in English even though it is not their native language.

Secondly, it is easier to get a well-paid job if you can use English. Most multinational companies require a certain degree of English proficiency from potential employees. Therefore, in order to get a position with a top company, more and more people are learning English. Even local companies now require their staff to know English. The reason for that is they may have business relationships with companies in other countries which use English as their working language.

These two reasons are the most common ones explaining why people like to, and need to, study English.

Answer the questions:

1. What is the status of English in the world today?

……………………………………………………………………………………………..

2. If people cannot use English well, what may happen?

3. How can we improve our knowledge if we know English well?

4. Do many universities in the countries where English is not their native language provide courses in the language?

Why are employees learning English?

I. Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the sentence before. ( 2.0 điểm )

• 1 This is the IELTS practice test book. I have told you about it
  • - This is the IELTS practice test book……………………………………………………….
2. My brother can’t find a good job because he isn’t good at English.

- If……………………………………………………………………………………………………

3. Tom has seen this film before.

- This film....................................................................................................................................

4. I never stay up late because it’s not good for my health.

- I avoid……………………………………………………………………………………………..

5. Although she reads vacancy ads in the newspapers everyday, she has not been able to find a job.

- In spite of…………………………………………………………………………………………..

II. In 100-120 words, write a letter to your friend and tell him/ her about the job you want to do in the future. Remember to say why you want to do the job.
You can begin:

Dear……………,

How’re thing? Have you thought of a future job yet? I know it’s still early to hve made a firm decision about it, but at least we can decide on a choice for our studies in the coming years.

I myself have decided to____________________________________________

I will try my best to make my dream come true.

Write to me soon and tell me about your decision.

Love,

………..

TEST 3

PART A: LANGUAGE FOCUS (4.0 POINTS)

I. Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ câu 0) đã làm. (0.6 điểm)

0. A. lively B. healthy ©. deny D. crazy

1. A. astronaut B. attach C. academic D. application

2. A. started B. landed C. decided D. burdened

3. A. architect B. teaching C. launch D. chop

II. Chọn một từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiết khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (0.4 điểm)

0. A. enjoy B. control ©.Helpful C. mision

1. A. accent B. factor C. apply D. massive

2. A. profession B. operate C. employment D. successful

III. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau. Khoanh tròn A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ / cụm từ đúng như ví dụ câu 0) đã làm. (2.0 điểm )

0. She is always proud __________ her father.

A. since B. in ©. of D. at

1. When the water boils, add ________ salt and some slices of lemon into the soup.

A. a B. any C. an D. some

• 2. I’d like to become a _______ because I can travel everywhere and show tourists around.
  • A. tour guide B. explorer C. provider D. mechanic
  • 3. When I don’t know what an English word means, I often look it _______ in my English- Vietnamese dictionary.
  • A. at B. up C. on D. in
  • 4. The police are looking for two young men, ________ were seen running out of the store.
A. which B. that C. who D. whom

• 4. The school is expected ________ good citizents for society.
  • A. to provide B. provide C.providing D. provided
  • 6. Yesterday, when I arrived at the station, the train ________ for 15 minutes.
A. left B. leaves C. has left D. had left

7. She didn’t get the job _________ she had all the necessary qualifications.

A. despite B. in spite of C. although D. because

8. If people work so much, they _________ depressed.

A. felt B. may feel C. may have felt D. had felt

9. I’m interested in doing _________ so I can stay at home in the evening.

A. a living B. a course C. a living D. a nine-to-five job

• 10. A: How often do you play tennis?
  • B: Oh, ___________ .
A.No worries B.I’d love to C. once in the blue moon D. you’re welcome

IV. Chọn dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm (1.0 điểm )

0. Where are you ? I (cook) am cooking in the kitchen.

1. I (offer) ________________ to give you a lift if I had my car here.

2. She suggested that I (learn) _________________English harder.

3. In the future, more open discussions (conduct) ____________________ online to help us reach a good decision.

4. Yesterday when they came in, I (do) ________________________ an experiment.

5. The manager encouraged her staff (finish) ________________ the project soon.

PART B: READING ( 3.0 POINTS)

I. Đọc đoạn văn và khoanh tròn một phương án đúng nhất A, B, C hoặc D ứng với mỗi từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp để điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau. (1.0 điểm )

English is one of (1) __________ most popular languages in the world. It comes second in the number of (2) _________ after Chinese. In Vietnam, more and more people are studying English and they consider it a key to success. However, not everyone knows how (3) ________ English effectively.

The best way to improve the four skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing is to practice regularly. You should make use of every opportunity to speak English with friends in class or at English speaking clubs or ourselves in front of the mirror. Learning by heart all the words does not help much (4) _________ you do not read a lot because you will easily forget (5) ________ you have learnt. Reading books, listening to radio and watching films are better ways to memorize words. Besides, English learners should not be so shy because making mistakes is unavoidable in learning foreign languages. Practicing speaking a lot is a good way to correct your mistakes.

1. A. aB. anC. theD. some
2. A. singersB. designersC. careersD. speakers
3. A. learnedB. learningC. to learnD. learn
4. A. so thatB. ifC. thoughD. but
5. A. whatB. whichC. whenD. why
II. Đọc đoạn văn và chọn câu trả lời đúng cho mỗi câu hỏi. (2.0 điểm)

The Complex of Hue Monuments is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is located in the city of Hue in central Vietnam. Hue was founded as the Viet Nam capital city by Gia Long, the first king of the Nguyen Dynasty in 1802. It held this position for thirteen Nguyen kings until 1945.

The massive complex features hundreds of monuments and mins, such as the Forbidden Purple City, once the residence of the royal family and badly damaged during the Vietnam War. the Imperial City, royal tombs, the flag tower, pagodas, temples, a library and museum.

Hue, located on the banks of the Huong River, (also known as the Perfume River) is about a hundred kilometres north of Da Nang. Among the most impressive monuments in this former grand imperial capital are the Ngo Mon Gate of the Imperial City which once was exclusively used by the royal family and their servants and soldiers, the tomb of Emperor Minh Mang as well as the tomb of Emperor Tu Duc. In fact, many of the monuments surrounding the royal buildings were constructed in the early 19th century and were modeled after Beijing’s Forbidden City. The wall that surroundings the citadel is six metres high and two and a half kilometres long.

The historical complex is known not only for its rich architecture but also for its beautiful landscape setting. Overall, the site is quite spectacular. Avoid Hue between October and December as it gets most of its rain from the northeast monsoon during that period. This small city is also famous for its Imperial-style cuisine.

1. Where is the Complex of Hue Monuments located?

=>____________________________________________________________________________

2. How far is it from Hue to Da Nang?

3. What is the historical complex famous for?

4.Theword “located” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _________ .

A. exhaustedB. situatedC. experiencedD. evaluated
5. All of the following are mentioned as features of the Hue Citadel EXCEPT .

A. a library and museum B. the flag tower

C. the Temple of Literature D. the royal tombs

PART C: WRITING ( 3.0 POINTS)

I. Hoàn chỉnh câu thứ hai sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi so với câu thứ nhất. (2.0 điểm)

1. The team plays on the left. The team has never won the championship.

=> The team which _____________________________________________________________.

2.The last time we saw our uncle was over two years ago.

=> We haven’t ________________________________________________________________ .

3. What a pity! her parents aren’t here at the moment.

=> She wishes ________________________________________________________________.

4. I don’t feel confident at interviews because my English is not good.

=> If my English ______________________________________________________________.

5. Students will play more active roles in the classroom.

=>More active roles ___________________________________________________________ .

II. Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1 điểm)

“The drawbacks of living in a city.”

You can use the following suggestions:

Traffic jams and traffic accidents.

Air pollution

Noise pollution

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEST 4

PART A. LANGUAGE FOCUS (4,0 điểm)

I. Khoanh tròn một phương án A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại trong câu sau như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (0,6 điểm)

0. A. hat B. hot ©. hour D. hill

1. A. mechanic B. scholarship C. charity D. chemist

2. A. performance B. ocean C. moment D. vocational

3. A. played B. changed C. impressed D. informed

II. Khoanh tròn một phương án A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiết khác các từ còn lại như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (0,4 điểm)

0. A.
mother B. brother ©. advice D. beauty

1. A. information B. individual C. competition D. geographical

2. A. explore B. promote C. factor D. attach

III. Khoanh tròn một phương án A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp để điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong các câu sau như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (2,0 điểm)

0. Nam ________ here three weeks ago.

A. has been B. will be ©. was D. is

1, If I were you , I ___________more often.

A. will exercise B. exercise C. would exercise D. would have exercised

2. He tries to study well ________ he wants to get a good job in the future.

A. so that B. because C. although D. when

3, I’m still suffering from ________ lag after my trip to Australia.

A. airline B. plane C. jet D. airplane

4. Your friend is good at English, __________?

A. is he B. does he C. isn’t he D. doesn’t he

5. Ì you want to pay a more ________ price, remember to book the tour two weeks in advance.

A. reasonable B. reason C. reasonably D, unreasonably

6. The film________the class watched yesterday was about the Apollo 13 space mission.

A. which B. who C. that D. both A & C

7, “Thank you very much for your help.” “______”

A. It’s quite OK. B. That’s right. C. I’d love to. D. You’re welcome.

8. A(n) ________ family includes several generations living together in the same house.

A. extending B. nuclear C. extended D. small

9, Nick wondered where __________ those traditional handicrafts

A, get B. got C. getting D. to get

10. The two countries agreed _______ full diplomatic relations.

A. set up B. set on C. set off D. set down

IV. Cho dạng đúng của động từ hoặc từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (1.0 điểm)

0. He (have) has breakfast at 6 a.m every day.

1. When we told him a plan, he agreed ( join)_____________ our team.

2, By the end of last year I (be)_______________ Ho Chi Minh City with my mother.

3, This time next week , we ( watch) ______________ a football match between Viet Nam and Malaysia

4, On the ISS, ________________ have to attach themselves so they don’t float around.( astronomy)

5, In Viet Nam , spring rolls are the ____________dish often made on Tet holidays and some special occasions. ( tradition)

PART B: READING (3.0 POINTS)

I. Đọc đoạn văn và khoanh tròn một phương án đúng nhất A, B, C hoặc D ứng với mỗi từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp để điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (1,0 điểm)

Every year, students(0_ ______ many countries learn English. Some of these students are young children. Others are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school, others study by themselves. A few learn English just by (1)_________the language in films, on television, in the office or among (2)_________ friends. But not many are lucky enough to do that. Most people must work hard to learn another language.

Many boys and girls learn English at school (3)__________ it is one of their subjects. They study their own language, mathematics, and English. In England, America, or Australia, many boys and girls study their native language,(4)_________ is English, mathematics, and another language, perhaps French, or German or Spanish.

Many adults learn English because it is (5)________ for their work. Teenagers often learn English for their higher studies, because some of their books are in English at college or university. Others learn English because they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.

0. A. to B. of ©. in D. on

1. A. hearing B. hear C. hears D. heard

2. A. his B. her C. its D. their

3. A. so B. because C. although D. but

4. A. which B. what C. where D. why

5. A.use B. usefully C. useful D. useless

II. Đọc đoạn văn, trả lời các câu hỏi 1, 2, 3 và khoanh tròn phương án trả lời thích hợp nhất cho các câu hỏi số 4, 5. (2,0 điểm)

Sydney is Australia's most exciting city. The history of Australia begins here. In 1788 Captain Arthur Philips arrived in Sydney with 11 ships and 1624 passengers from Britain (including 770 prisoners). Today there are about 3.6 million people in Sydney. It is the biggest city in Australia, the busiest port in the South Pacific and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. In Sydney, the buildings are higher, the colours are brighter and the nightlife is more exciting. There are over 20 excellent beaches close to Sydney and its warm climate and cool winter have made its favourite city for immigrants from overseas. There are two things that make Sydney famous: its beautiful harbour, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, which was built in 1932 and the Sydney Opera House, which was opened in 1973.

1, Where does the history of Australia begin?

2, When did Captain Arthur Philipa arrive in Sydney?

3, What is the population of Sydney today?

4. Which of the following is NOT TRUE about Sydney in Australia in this passage?

A. It’s the most exciting city B. It’s not the biggest city in Australia

C.It’s the busiest port in the South Pacific D. the most beautiful cities in the world

5, The word “famous” in paragraph 8 could be replaced by which of the following?

Well-known B. popular C. beautiful D. both A & B

PART C. WRITING (3,0 điểm)

I. Hoàn chỉnh câu thứ hai sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi so với câu thứ nhất như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (2,0 điểm)

0. Do you play chess well?

à Are you good at playing chess?

1, “ What are you doing now?”, Peter asked Mary.

à Peter asked Mary ______________________________________________________

2. 1. Nga doesn’t have many friends in Ha Noi.

à Nga wishes ___________________________________________________________

3. My father usually walked to work when he was young.

à My father used __________________________________________

4. Although the internet has some bad effects, more and more people use it.

à In spite of _____________________________________________________.

5. They are preparing your food right now.

à Your food________________________________________________________

II. Viết 1 đoạn văn khoảng 100 từ về chủ đề sau (1,0 điểm)

Write a short paragraph in about 100 words about the advantages and disadvantages of eating out. You can use these idias as cues:

Advantagesdisadvantages
  • Save time
  • Relax
  • Expensive
  • Unhealthy food

Begin with:

Eating out has its advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, It …………… .........

TEST 5

I. Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. (0.6 điểm)

1. A. Chinese B. speech C. technical D. touchdown

2. A. landed B. orbited C. excited D. attached

3. A. bilingual B. dialect C. derivative D. profile

II. Chọn một từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiêt khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. (0.4 điểm)

0. A. enjoy B. control ©. helpful D. again

1. A. versatile B. operate C. common D. variety

2. A. cognitive B. adulthood C. confident D. encourage

III. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ / cụm từ đúng như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. ( 2.0 điểm )

0. She is always proud _________her father

1. I have _________old brother and a younger sister.

A. an B. a C. the D. some

2. She spoke English with a(n)_________that I couldn't understand.

A. accent B. stress C. intonation D. tone

3. Peter can just about get _________in German.

A. up B. down C. out D. by

3. The paintings_________Mr Brown has in his house are worth around £ 100,000.

A. whose B.which C. what D. whom

5. I said that I remembered_________with him in a handicraft village, but he said I was mistaken.

A. to work B. working C. work D. worked

6. It’s a long time since I last used English. My English is a bit _________ now.

A. fluent B. rusty C. reasonable D. good

7. The film _________ by the time we got to the cinema.

A. already begun B. have already begun C. had already begun D. already began

8. How often do you play football?

- Oh,__________

A. the sky’s the limit. B. over the moon C. out of this word D. once in a blue moon

9. Many people are successful in their jobs __________ the fact that they have no degree.

A. due to B. in spite of C. although D. so that

10. Interesting movements have been launched to attract the_________ of a large number of youths.

A. participant B. participating C. participate D. participation

IV. Chọn dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ ( Câu 0) đã làm (1.0 điểm )

1.This is the first time I (make)__________ sakura butter cookies.

2. Before Mai became a professional astronaut, she (take)_________parabolic flights.

3. Which roles are women expected (play) __________ in the future?

4. Europe is home to many of the world’s most popular __________ attractions, (tour)

5. On the first day of school, the children chatted __________ to their friends about their summer vacations, (excite)

Being (1) _________ to speak English gives you a lot of advantages while you’re travelling to another country. English is the global language, which means it’s (2) ________ in many countries by many people. Communicating with local people will be easier when you speak English. Even though, not everyone can speak English fluently, common phrases in English can be understood by most people. This will come (3) _________ handy when you’re talking to drivers, hotel staffs, asking for directions or haggling for better price. Speaking English will also enhance your travelling experience (4) ________ you can get a lot of information about a country or a tourist attraction.

Many interesting facts(5) _________ can be found on location or on websites are usually

available in the native tongue and English.
1. A. possibleB. ableC. capableD. proficient
2. A. speakingB. spokeC. spokenD. speaks
3. A. inB. withC. forD. on
4. A. becauseB. butC. althoughD. so
5. whoB. whyC. whereD. which

Scientists have discovered a new planet, Hero. They are very confident that human beings will be able to live there, as it has water, light, oxygen and the temperaure and air are similar to those on Earth. They have done tests and know that plants can grow there. They have not seen any alien life there, but they cannot be sure that it doesn’t exist.

They have decided to send a spaceship of people there from Earth, to start a space conoly, and a new human society. But there is space for only six people. These people will have to stay there for the rest of their lives. No one else will be able to join the space conoly for at least a hundred years. They will take enough food tables for five years, together with four guns to protect themselves, and blankets, space-tents, etc. The spaceship will be controlled from the Earth, so there will not be a pilot. The journey to Hero will last about ten weeks.

The organisers have asked for volunteers, but unfortunately only ten people have volunteered. The spaceship must leave in two days’ time so there is no time to find new volunteers.

What have scientists discovered?

Are temperaure and air on on Hero planet the same as those on Earth?

How long does it take to travel from the Earth to Hero?

How many people are ready for the journey to Hero?

A.Ten new volunteers B. more than ten volunteers

C. 10 volunteers D. many people

5. What does the word “alien” in this passage closest meaning to?

A. planet B. plant C. animal D. strange

PART C: WRITING ( 3.0 POINTS )

I. Hoàn chỉnh câu thứ hai sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi so với câu thứ nhất. ( 2.0 điểm )

1. She learned a few words of French last month.

→ She picked___________________________________________

2. My friend has decided to buy a motorbike . His bicycle was stolen last week.

→ My friend,____________________________________________

3. I never stay up late because it's not good for my health.

→ I avoid_______________________________________________

4. Although he made a lot of effort at work. He was not promoted.

→ Despite _____________________________________________

5. Minh doesn't read many English books because he doesn't have time.

→ If Minh________________________________________________

“How do you think the roles of teenagers will change in the future?”

You can use suggested ideas or your own ones

1. be more responsibility to society

2. take care of themselves

3. learn and prepare themselves for the future when they will be the ones in charge

TEST 6

1. A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head

2. A. excursion B. resort C. season D. reasonable

3. A. varied B. dipped C. picked D. sliced

1. A. exotic B. imperial C. commercial D. operate

2. A. punctual B. simplicity C. variety D. immersion

0.She is always proud __________her father.

A. since B. for ©. of D. with

1. Studies suggest ________only when you are most active and giving your digestive system a long break each day.

A. to eat B. being eaten C. eating D. being eating

2.If children don’t play sports, they ________sleepy and tired .

A. would feel B. will feel C. would have felt D. had felt

3.There isn’t ________airport near where I live________nearest airport is 70 miles away.

A. an/ A B. an/ The C. the/ A D. the/ The

4.It ________that China dug up the ocean floor to build artificial islands.

A. says B. said C. would be said D. is said

5.We all wish there ________ a smart board in our classroom.

A. is B. was C. has been D. had been

6.“ Do you ________your new classmate, or do you two argue?

A. get on with B. look forward to C. face up to D. keep up with

7.Dong Khoi Street is the main shopping street in the ________of downtown in Ho Chi Minh City.

A. mind B. heart C. head D. spot

8.If I could speak Spanish, I________next year studying in Mexico.

A. will spend B. had spent C. would have spent D. would spend

9. It’s an important part of your cultural identify to keep your_______in speaking English.

A. vocabulary B. language C. accent D. skill

10. The police have to try to catch the men ______drive dangerously.

A. who B. that C. whose D. whom

1.It (rain) ________ heavily since I got up this morning.

2. We had visited Van Phuc before we (come)___________back to their hotel for lunch.

3. I wish young people (spend) ___________much time taking up outdoor activities.

4. My grandparents prefer the (simple) ___________of country living.

5. A (lingual)_______ person is someone who can speak and use several different languages.

When I first started learning English ten years ago, I could hardly (1) ________a word-“hello”, “goodbye”, “ thank you” was just about it! I went to classes two evenings a week and

I was surprised at how quickly I (2) ________ progress. (3) ________ the course we learned lots of vocabulary and studied grammar rules.(4) ________thing I enjoyed most was being able to practice speaking (5) ________the other students in my class.

1. A. talkB. speakC. sayD. tell
2. A. doB. makeC. didD. made
3. A. DuringB. AfterC. BeforeD. While
4. A. ThatB. AC. TheD. Those
5. A. ofB. withC. inD. on

There is a saying that if you have not visited Ha Long Bay, you have not yet been to Viet Nam. On the other hand, we can say that if you have not visited Ha Long Bay, you have not yet seen the most beautiful place in the world. It takes us 4 hours by bus to travel 180 km from Ha Noi towards the northeast to Ha Long Bay.

Ha Long Bay had been twice recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1994 and in 2000, and also that Ha Long Bay is in the second place in the worldwide competition of the World’s Seven Natural Wonders. 1,969 limestone islands of various shapes, sizes, and in different green and amazing colors rise above the sea level. Ha Long Bay is as attractive and beautiful throughout the four seasons. Traveling on small sailboats among hundreds of limestone islands, one may visit the amazing Surprise Cave, the floating fishing village, and see how the locals live.

Questions

1. How long does it take to travel from Ha Noi to Ha Long Bay by bus?

2. When was Ha Long Bay recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site?

3. What makes the islands in Ha Long Bay marvelous?

4. Is there the best time to visit Ha Long Bay?

5. What are the things that you must do there?

1. She started working in this company 5 years ago.

- She has ___________________________________________

2. They have just built a new hospital in this town.

- A new hospital ____________________________________________

3. Yoga is a type of exercise. Many people enjoy yoga.

- Yoga_______________________________________________

4. “ I’m having a really hard time getting along with my parents.” Quan told me.

- Quan told _____________________________________________

5. Unless you study hard, you will not pass your exam .

If you ________________________________________________

II. Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1.0 điểm). “ The importance of learning English.”

-Dưới đây là một số gợi ý:

+A compulsory subject at school

+ Communicate with people all over the world

+ Widen knowledge about custom, tradition, society,…

TEST 7

I.Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. (0.6 điểm)

1. A exist
2. A saved
3. A necessarily
B. exhaust
B. helped
B. mechanic
C. exhibit
C. looked
C. exception
D. exhibition
D. reduced
D. apprentice

1. A. careerB. serviceC. leisureD. colleague
2. A. countryB. fluencyC. accentD. official

1. Viet Nam, ________ is in the South-east Asia, exports a lot of rice and coffee beans.

A. who B. that C. whose D. which

2. I am looking forward to_______ from you soon, John.

A. hear B. be heard C. hearing D. heard

3. There are a lot of people who_______ work in remote and mountainous areas nowadays.

A. volunteer B. voluntarily C. volunteers D. voluntary

4. Everybody likes to be independent, ________?

A. does he B. isn’t he C. aren’t they D. don’t they

5. I couldn’t go to the party _______ a sudden cold.

A. because B. because of C. in spite of D. although

6. – Susan: “Can you do the cooking today?” – Bill: “_________!”

A. Oh, all right. B. No, thank you.

C. I know that D. Yes, please

7.The good news which is more money _____on education in the next five years.

A. will spend B.will be spent C.spends D.is spent

8. The police are now looking for two young men,_______were seen running out of the store.

A. which B. whose C. whom D. who

9. Every school has to_________how well their students are doing.

A.evaluate B.evaluation C.evaluator D.evaluated

10. Make sure you __________ a hotel before you come to our island, especially in the summer.

A. bookB. keepC. putD. buy
IV. Chọn dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu.

1. Reliable friends are always there for you. They never fail (help)_________ you.

2. Why don’t you stop (work) ________ and take a rest?

3.Over a third of jobs _________________(take) over by robots in the next 15 years.

4. I wish she __________________(be) able to come with us tomorrow.

5. NASA told the press that Armstrong _______ (step) onto the lunar surface at 10:56:20 p.m.

English is the (1) _________important in the world today. A very large number of people understand and use English in many countries of the world.

Indeed English is a very useful language. If we speak English we can go to any place or country we like. We shall not find it hard to make people understand what we want to say. English also helps us to learn all kinds of subjects. Hundreds of books are (2)_________ in English everyday in many countries to teach people many useful things. (3) ___________English language has, therefore, helped to spread ideas and knowledge to all the corners of the world. There is no subject that cannot be taught in English.

As English is used so much everywhere in the world, it has helped to make the countries in the world more (4)_______ . The leaders of the world use English to understand one another. The English language has also helped to spread better understanding and friendship among countries of the world.

Lastly, a person who knows English is respected by people. It is for all these (5)_________ that I want to learn English.

1. A. most B. mostly C. chiefly D. best

2. A. print B. wrote C. published D. make

3. A. A B. An C. That D. The

4. A. friend B. friendly C. friendship D. friendliness

5. A. reasons B. causes C. effects D. results

Travel and tourism are very important to millions of people over the world. In every country you can find people that work in travel and tourism. Some countries need the money from tourism to help their people survive. It is necessary for these places that travel and tourism continue to expand and bring money to their regions. However, travel and tourism have negative aspects. Planes, buses, boats and other means of transportation that carry travelers and tourists cause pollution. Moreover, some people do things on a holiday they would never think of doing at home. For example, many travelers use a lot of water and electricity when they stay in hotels. They forget to turn off the lights or ever leave televisions and air conditioning units on when they leave the room. On top of that, it is often difficult or impossible for travelers to recycle items, so they end up leaving large amounts of waste behind. That’s why it is important for people to travel wisely and respect the places they visit. There are ways you can travel and be environmentally friendly. Here are some tips to help you:

- Don’t throw rubbish on streets, beaches or in the countryside.

- Don’t use too much water or electricity.

- Taste the local and national dishes of the country.

- Buy local products or souvenirs.

- Don’t buy any products made from endangered species; sea turtle shells or bags made from reptiles or other animals.

Questions :

1. Why is tourism important to some countries? ________________________________________________________________

2. How does tourism affect the environment? ________________________________________________________________

3. What do many travelers use a lot when staying in hotels? ________________________________________________________________

4. Why do some tourists end up leaving large amounts of waste behind? ________________________________________________________________

5. Should we throw rubbish on streets, beaches or in the countryside?

1. We can’t offer you the job because you don’t know English.

-> If you ..................... ........................................................................................

2. Mr Hung was our teacher. We will never forget him.

-> Mr Hung ..........................................................................................................

3. My father can speak both Vietnames and Chinese perfectly. ( bilingual )

-> My father..........................................................................................................

4. Will schools provide students with laptops or iPads?

Will students…………………………………………….……………………….

5. In spite of his good salary, Jack gave up his job.

→ Although……………………………………………………………………

Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1.0 điểm).

What job would you like to do in the future? Write a paragraph about the three most important qualities for that job. You should give the name of the job, three qualities, reasons and examples to support your opinion.

TEST 8

I. Khoanh tròn một phương án A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại trong câu sau như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (0,6 điểm)

1. A. afford B. wander C. annoy D. attract

2. A. citadel B. confusion C. content D. career

3. A. established B. astonished C. impressed D. informed

II. Khoanh tròn một phương án A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiết khác các từ còn lại như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (0,4 điểm)

0. A.

1. A. attach B. attend C. orchid D. promote

2. A. important B. negative C. operate D. satellite

III. Khoanh tròn một phương án A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp để điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong các câu sau như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (2,0 điểm)

1. Your mother never has lunch at work, ______?

A. has she B. hasn’t she C. does she D. doesn’t she

2. Mai tries to study English well ________ she can study abroad.

3. I didn’t know what ________ to help my closest friend overcome his difficulty.

A. to do B. did C. do D. doing

4. She wishes she ________ foreigners to practice speaking English.

A. can meet B. had met C. could meet D. will meet

5. A: “Thanks a lot for your help”- B: “_________”

A. No worries D. I don’t know C. A good idea D. It’s up to you

6. There are some _______ tips on learning English well.

A. specifically B. specify C. specific D. specification

7. He was ________, so everybody knew him.

A. favourite B. famous C. known D. widespread

8. A(n) ________ family includes two generations living together in the same house.

A. extending B. extended C. nuclear D. large

9. The person ________ I met didn’t know where the meeting was.

A. which B. whom C. that D. Φ

10. Do you ________ up with your classmates at your new school.

A. put B. go C. get D. keep

IV. Cho dạng đúng của động từ hoặc từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (1.0 điểm)

1. Last night, after my sister (finish) ______________________ her work, she came home.

2. We (hurry) ______________________ gather our things and run to the bus stop.

3. I will see him when he (come) ___________________ here tomorrow.

4. This time next week, they (take) ______________________ an important exam.

5. English people eat a lot of salads because they think salads make them (health) _________________

I. Đọc đoạn văn và khoanh tròn một phương án đúng nhất A, B, C hoặc D ứng với mỗi từ hoặc cụm từ thích hợp để điền vào mỗi chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (1,0 điểm)

It (0) is hard to believe that (1) _____ had computers a few years ago. I wonder how people lived. There must have been a lot of (2)_____ I can't imagine writing everything by hand. I also wonder how everything worked (3)______computers. We need computers today for everything. Hospitals, airports, the police, etc… Nothing can work without computers. I'm sure I'd be ten times busier than now if I didn't have a computer. Imagine having to find (4)_____paper and an envelope and then walking down the street to mail a letter! I love my computer. It makes everything in my life so (5)_____. Sure, it freezes and crashes sometimes. Sure, I lose some data. But that's not often. Most of the time my computer is like my bestfriend.

1. A. nooneB. any oneC. someoneD. no body
2. A. paperworksB. work paperC. paperworkD. paper work
3. A. withB. withoutC. byD. in
4. A. pieces ofB. a pieceC. piece ofD. a piece of
5. A. convenientB. convenienceC. inconvenientD. inconvenience
II. Đọc đoạn văn, trả lời các câu hỏi 1, 2, 3 và khoanh tròn phương án trả lời thích hợp nhất cho các câu hỏi số 4, 5. (2,0 điểm)

The three main causes of pollution by humans includes the release of smoke and fumes from manufacturing plants and various industries. Power plants release carbon monoxide and furnaces that burn waste are two examples of manmade pollution. Gasoline refineries also release dangerous chemicals in the air called hydrocarbons. The second cause is the burning of fossil fuels such as from cars, trucks, trains, airplanes. This type of pollution occurs often because people rely on transportation every day. Another main cause of pollution is from household and farming chemicals. On farms crop dusting may pollute the air, homes may be sprayed with chemical to kill bugs or to help the grass grow.

There are several effects of air pollution including acid rain, which is when rain is mixed with the pollution in the air. This acid rain can cause harm to trees, animals, fish, and other living organisms. It can cause problems with breathing and irritation to the eyes, nose, or throat. Sometimes people can also get headaches or have allergic reactions. Long-term effects can include lung cancer, heart disease and other health problems.

How many main causes of pollution by humans are there?

Why does the type of pollution from cars, trucks, trains, airplanes often occur?

May crop dusting on farms pollute the air?

4. The word “which” in paragraph 2 refers to which of the following?

A. acid rain B. air pollution C. effects D. pollution

5. The word “effects” in paragraph 2 could be replaced by which of the following?

A. efforts B. affect C. difficulty D. impacts

I. Hoàn chỉnh câu thứ hai sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi so với câu thứ nhất như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (2,0 điểm)

1. I usually went fishing when I was a small boy.

à I used ____________________________________________________________________.

2. “Are you doing your homework now?” Mary asked

à Mary asked _________________________________________________________________.

3. They said that this building was built in 1908.

à It _________________________________________________________________________.

4. Although Tim was a poor student, he studied very well.

à In spite of _________________________________________________________________.

5. Peter said to Tom “Why don’t you invite her to your birthday party?”.

à Peter suggested ______________________________________________________________.

II. Viết 1 đoạn văn khoảng 100 -120 từ về chủ đề sau (1,0 điểm): “ Some reasons why traditional crafts villages should be kept.”

Học sinh có thể sử dụng các gợi ý sau:.

- Contain many customs and cultural beauty of Vietnamese villages

- Provide jobs for millions of workers in rural areas

- Have products of better quality

TEST 9

I.Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ ( câu 0) đã làm. (0.6 điểm)

0. A.lively B. healthy ©. deny D. crazy

A. chapter B. chemist C. cheese D. rich

2. A. nominated B. polluted C. provided D. destroyed

3. A. question B. accommodation C. information D. nation

1. A. tender B. simmer C. salad D. arrange

2. A. immersion B. dominance C. dialect D. stimulate

• She is always proud __________her father.
  • A. in B. on ©. of D. about
1. Viet Nam, ________ is in the South-east Asia, exports a lot of rice and coffee beans.

3. There are a lot of people who_______ work in remote and mountainous areas nowadays.

6.She doesn’t mind _______ hard to reach her career goals

A. work B. to work C. working D. worked

7.Besides Spanish, her _______ tongue, she can also speak Portuguese and English.

A. accent B. foreign C. first D. mother

8. Susan ______ a bit of Spanish when she was living in Mexico.

A. looked up B. got by in C. picked up D. took in

9. Mary isn’t _________her sister.

A. so pretty than B. as pretty than C. prettier as D. as pretty as

10. She used to learn how to play ________ piano, but she doesn’t have much musical talent.

A. a B. the C. an D. this

1. Pham Tuan is Viet Nam’s first ____________ . (astronomy)

2. My brother is ________ in both French and English .(fluency)

3. She speaks English very ________.(good)

4. Please ,stop __________ . The library is a quiet place. (talk)

5. A lot of people have come tonight to ____________the forum. (attendance)

Almost every language in the world has dialects and American English is no exception. At the present time there is an interesting study (1) __________ is on Americans speech habits. This study has shown that different words are (2) __________ used in different parts of the country to denote the same thing. For example, in the east, American use the word “soda” to denote a soft drink. In some parts of the west, a soft drink is “tonic”. Such differences are usually a source of conversation and sometimes misunderstanding (3) __________ .

Speech and life all (4) __________ the world have often changed. New words are being used when new discoveries are made and new concepts are formed. Usage determines what is correct and what is incorrect. Fifty years ago, it was incorrect to say “It’s me”. But today it is acceptable simply (5) __________ most Americans say that instead of “It’s I”. People changed, so language changes. What is wrong today may be right tomorrow.

1. A. which B. where C. who D. when

2. A. frequent B. frequency C. frequently D. freedom

3. A. begins B. changes C. gets D. happens

4. A. of B. in C. over D. on

5. A. because B. although C. despite D. in order to

There are more than 3,000 languages in the world today, but only about six are major languages of the world. Two-thirds of the world’s populations speak those six languages. More than 300,000,000 people speak English as their first or native language. No one knows how many people speak it as a foreign language. Chinese is the only language with more speakers than English. This is because of the huge population of China, more than one billion people.

English is the native or official language on the one-fifth of the land area of the world. It is spoken in North America, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand. In South Africa and India it is one of the official languages.

More people study English than any other languages. In many countries, the textbook in universities are in English. Many university classes are taught in English even though the native language is not English. English is the language of international communication. It is the language of international business, research, and science. More than three-fourths of the world’s mail is written in English. More than three-fifths of the world’s radio stations use English. More than half of the scientific and research journals are in English. Most other languages have borrowed many English words.

1.What language has the most speakers in the world?

2. How many people speak English as their first or native language.?

3. Are Chinese and Arabic probably major languages of the world?

4. What percent of the world’s radio stations are in English?

5. Why do some countries use English textbooks even though English is not the native language?

1. I can speak both English and French perfectly.

- I’m bilingual_________________________________________________________________

2. I visited the Astronomy Museum. There I was able to touch a meteorite.

- I visited the Astronomy Museum ________________________________________________

3.I am interested in working in a multicultural environment

- I enjoy _____________________________________________________________________

4. We last went to Spain three years ago.

- It is ________________________________________________________________________

5. Although it rained heavily, they went out.

Despite_______________________________________________________________________

The advantages of learning English in an English speaking country.

*Perfect pronunciation

*Understand the culture

*Increase your confidence

TEST 10

1. A. finished B. stopped C. passed D. carved

2. A. clear B. hear C. bear D. appear

3. A. profile B. dialect C. derivative D. bilingual

0. A. enjoyB.perform©. helpfulD. relax
1. A.astronautB. breadwinnerC. spacecraftD.application
2. A. promoteB. confusionC. operateD. financial

A. sinceB. in©. ofD. at
1. Last night I came home, cooked dinner, and TV.

A. watch B. watched C. was watching D. would watch

2. I rarely eat ice cream now but I it when I was a child.

A. eat B. used to eat C. would eat D. didn’t use to eat

3. I wish I you some money for your rent, but I’m broke myself.

A. can lend B. would lend C. could lend D. will lend

4. Our teacher’s is that we set up a project on preservation of our traditional games.

A. offer B. suggestion C. scheme D. order

5. Does he tell you how he is getting his new colleagues?

A. on with B. on of C. away with D. out of

6. Unfortunately the new system didn’t our expectations.

A. catch up with B. bring about C. come across D. come up to

7. Tet is a festival………… occurs in late January or early February.

A. whom B. when C. where D. which

8. It’s raining. … …..., Mr. Nam has to go to work.

A. Although B. So C. Therefore D. However

9. If I ………….rich, I ……………….around the world.

A. will be - travel B. am - will travel C. were - would travel D. would be – traveled

10. Hoa: I suggest going camping next Sunday.- Lan: …………………………..

A. That’s a fine day B. That’s a good idea C. That’s a reason D. That’s a good trip

1. Yesterday, when we ( visit)…………………. them, they ( have)………….….. dinner.

2. My house ( build)………………………………………..at present.

3. The accident happened because he drove …………………………... (care)

4. Air …………….……is one of the problems that people have deal to with. (pollute)

Environmental pollution is a term that refers to all the ways by (1)…….man pollutes his surroundings. Man dirties the air with exhaust gases and smoke, contaminates the water with chemicals and other substances, and damages the (2) …..with too many fertilizers and pesticides. Man also pollutes his surroundings in various other ways. For example, people ruin natural beauty by scattering junk and litter on the land and in the water.

Environmental pollution is one of the most serious problems (3) ………….. mankind today. Air, water, and soil are necessary to the survival of living things. Badly polluted air can cause illness, and even death. Polluted water kills fish and other (4) ….life. Pollution of soil reduces the amount of land that is available for growing food. Environmental pollution also brings ugliness (5) …….man’s natural beautiful world.

1. A. that B. whom C. which D. whose

2. A. soil B. forest C. beach D. stream

3. A. faces B. faced C. to face D. facing

4. A. human B. marine C. animal D. plant

5. A. to B. on C. for D. in

Alexander Fleming was born in 1881 in Scotland. He went to a small school in a village, and when he left school he didn’t go to university. He worked for five years in an office. But his brother, Tom, was a doctor and helped Fleming to go to university and study medicine. So he went to London University and in 1906 he became a doctor. In 1915, Fleming married Sarah McElroy, an Irish woman. They had one son. During the First World War, many soldiers died in hospital because they didn’t have the right medicines. So after the war, Fleming tried to find a drug that could help them. He worked for many years and in 1928 he discovered a new drug and he called it “penicillin”. He later worked with an Australian and a German scientist to develop a drug that doctors could use. In 1945, they won the Nobel Prize in medicine for their work on penicillin.

1. Where was Alexander Fleming born?

………………………………………………………………

2. Did he work in an office before he went to university?

……….………………………….………..

3. What did he study at university?

………………………………………………………….………

4. When did he win the Nobel Prize in medicine?

…………………………………………….………

5.What did he discover in 1928?

………………………………………………………………………………

1. The girl is very friendly. She lived next door to us.

->The girl ...................................................................................

2. I am very tired, so I can’t go with you.

->If I ..............................................................................

3.We were late for school because of the heavy rain.

->Because it ....................................................................................

4. My mother used to make us clean the house.

->We used .......................................................................................

5."I'm working in a restaurant, and don't care much for it." she said.

->She said .....................................................................................

II.Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau:

Làm thế nào để tiết kiệm năng lượng trong gia đình? (1.0 điểm).

TEST 11

1.A. carved B. impressed C. embroidered D. weaved

2.A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head

3.A. lighthouse B. heritage C. hotel D. hour

4.A. workshop B. outskirts C.remind D. village

5.A.communication B. cosmopolitan C. multicultural D. metropolitan

A. sinceB. in©. OfD. at
1. The paintings __________ Mr. Brown has in his house are worth around $ 100,000.

A. whose B. which C. what D. whom

2. The language that you learn to speak from birth is ____________ language.
A. official B. first C. second D. foreign
3. She asked me if I________a laptop computer the following day.

A.buy B. will buy C. bought D. would buy

4. If I had more time, I ______________ a Business English course.

A. will take B. would take C. take D. took

5.Karachi in Pakistan is the ________largest city in the world in population.

A. most B. second C. two D. twice

6. My friend from India speaks a ______________of English that I sometimes find it hard to understand.

A. language B dialect C. jargon D. bilingual

7. __________she passed the final exam, she hasn’t pleased her parents.

A. Although B. In spite of C. Because D.Because of

8. Our trip to Spain, we acrossed_____________Atlantic Ocean.

A. the B.a C.an D. Æ

9.We have to try to harder so that our handicrafts can keep________________.theirs.

A. on B. up C.up with D.up down

10.A: I’d like to book a room, please. - B: _______________

A.Yes, please. B. Certainly. C. Oh, thank you. D. That’s fine.

IV. Chọn dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ ( Câu 0) đã làm (1.0 điểm

0. Where are you ? I (cook ) am cooking in the kitchen .

1. Thu was upset because her parents______________her. (understand)

2. One of the______________in my hometown is the traditional market. (attract)

3. After we (finish)________________ our dinner, we went out for a walk.

4. It ( report) ______________ that thousands of visitors come to enjoy beautiful view of Binh Dai Fortress every year.

5. The students are looking forward to ( receive) _______________the result of the final examination.

Most British people go abroad on holiday to visit family, or on short business trip. People are (1) ______ to find out how to get urgent treatment before leaving the UK. They have to (2) ______ a form which explains what they should do if they fall ill or have an accident, and what arrangements exist in their country for medical treatment. The regulations are fairly simple but (3) ______ people do not have this information, they may find that private medical care is extremely expensive. It is not (4) ______ for people to discover that they do not have enough money with them to pay the total costs and in such (5) ______, an already difficult situation becomes even more complicated.

1. A. advised B. suggested C. said D. spoken

2. A. put B. bring C. fill D. get

3. A. because B. though C. unless D. if

4. A. strange B. unusual C. abnormal D. infrequent

5. A. conditions B. positions C. circumstances D. places

II. Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời các câu hỏi sau. (2 điểm ).

In countries like the United Kingdom, the USA, and Australia people speak English as a first language. But they don't speak exactly the same English. English sounds different in these countries because people use different pronunciation and there are different words for some things. Americans don't say “football”, they say “soccer”, and they say “movie”, not “film”. Some Australians say “G'day”, not “Hi”, and they don't say “this afternoon”, they say “this arvo”. In some countries, for example India and some African countries, there are a lot of different languages, so people use English as the official language.

In countries where English isn't a first language, people speak it as a foreign language. People want to study English because it's an international language; it's in films, magazines and pop songs. A lot of people, especially scientists and business people, use English when they work, travel or use a computer.

About 80% of the information on the Internet is in English. A lot of people communicate on the Internet in English too. Some people write a different type of English when they communicate in chat rooms or by instant messages like MSN. They use words like "uok", "thnx" and "cul8r". These words are faster to write than "Are you OK?", "Thanks" and "See you later"!

Questions:

1. In what countries do people speak English as a first language?

2. What do some Australians say when they m

3. Why do some countries use English as an official language?

4. Why do people all over the world want to learn English?

5. Why do many young people use shorter words in messages?

1. Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.

=> In spite of ________________________________________________________________

2. She likes the history of Asian countries very much.

→ She is very interested ________________________________________________________

3. I’m not good at cooking, so I can’t become a chef.

→ If _________________________________________________________________________

4. “Can you help me wash the dirty dishes?” said Tim.

→ Tim asked me _______________________________________________________________

5. I bought a book at the bookstore near my house yesterday. It was really interesting.

→The book __________________________________________________________________

your job in the future.

You can use suggested idea or your owns ones:

- Name of your future job

- Where will you work (which company/ factory/…….)

- Why do you like this job?

- What will you prepare for your career in the future?

TEST 12

I. Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn . (0.6 điểm)

1.A.unit B. underline C. university D. uniform.

2.A. saved B. helped C. looked D. reduced.

3.A. chapter B. cheese C. rich D. chemist.

II. Chọn một từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiêt khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn . (0.4 điểm)

1. A.capable B. different C. delightful D.difficult.

2 .A. complete B. family C. grocery D. primary

III. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ / cụm từ đúng . ( 2.0 điểm )

1. Halley __________that Mercury was so far away that its parallaxangle would be very difficult to determine.

A. realized B. knew C. learned D. promised.

2. I was shocked __________the new of the crashed plane.

A.about B. with C. of D. at

3. At present, women __________by law.

A. is protected B. are protected C. protects D. protecting.

4. He suggests that mothers ________are employed full-time will not be able to give their children enough care and attention.

A. which B. who C. whom D. whose

5. I said that I remembered __________with him in a handicraft village, but he said I was mistaken.

A. to work B. works C. working D. worked

6. Would you mind __________me through to the manager,please?

A. to put B. puts C. puting D. putting.

7. In__________, students can study a work sector like applied business, disign, health or tourism.

A. vocational subjects B. academic subjects

C. applied approach D. schedule.

8.I wish I could take ________where I can experience microgravity.

A. flying course B. an ocean cruise

C. an express train D. a parabolic flight

9. In the near future, a teacher will act more like a(n)___________than a giver of knowledge.

A. instructor B. facilitator C. speaker D. listener.

10. Beyond 2030 is a forum __________allows students to share their vision of the future.

A. who B. it C. which D. and.

IV. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ được gạch chân trong bài: A,B,C,hoặc D cần sửa lỗi.(1điểm)

1. Barbara never listens to music on the radio, doesn’t she?

A B C D

2. My aunt wishes that she has a large house in the countryside.

A B C D

3. Jane looked sadly and worried this morning.I wonder what happened to her.

A B C D

4. I am writing for you about my decision.

A B C D

5. I suggest to have a separate basket for wastepapers.

A B C D

Most British people go abroad on holiday to visit family, or on short business trip. People are (1) ______ to find out how to get urgent treatment before leaving the UK. They have to (2) ______ a form which explains what they should do if they fall ill or have an accident, and what arrangements exist in their country for medical treatment. The regulations are fairly simple but (3) ______ people do not have this information, they may find that private medical care is extremely expensive. It is not (4) ______ for people to discover that they do not have enough money with them to pay the total costs and in such (5) ______, an already difficult situation becomes even more complicated.

Today English is considered a global language or lingua franca. It is said that if you do not know English and cannot use it well, you may meet lots of difficulties in the modern world. More and more people are learning English for several reasons.

Firstly, they want to improve their knowledge. It is obvious that most of the important sources of information are now in English. We can easily find websites, journals, newspapers, and encyclopedias in English everywhere. If we know English well, we can attend quite a lot of online courses or go abroad to study. Many universities in different countries offer courses in English even though it is not their native language.

Secondly, it is easier to get a well-paid job if you can use English. Most multinational companies require a certain degree of English proficiency from potential employees. Therefore, in order to get a position with a top company, more and more people are learning English. Even local companies now require their staff to know English. The reason for that is they may have business relationships with companies in other countries which use English as their working language.

These two reasons are the most common ones explaining why people like to, and need to, study English.

Answer the questions:

4. Do many universities in the countries where English is not their native language provide courses in the language?

5. Why are employees learning English?

I'm not good at cooking, so I can't become a chef.

->If __________________________________________________________

2.'Can you help me wash the dirty dishes' said Tim.

->Tim asked me _____________________________________________________

3.You should ride your bike carefully, or you may have an accident.

->If you __________________________________________________________

4. Although she reads vacancy ads in the newpapers every day, she has not been able to find a job.

->In spite of________________________________________________________

5.After lots of effort, the boy was finally successful in getting the position of striker in the school's football team.

->After lots of effort, the boy managed ___________________________________

Write a paragraph about the reason why people want to explore space”.

You may use some of the following ideas as cues:

We are eager to get knowledge of our solar system.

We are curious.

1681119298152.png

DOWNLOAD FILE

• yopovn.com---BO 12 DE CUOI NAM ANH 9_HS_gcc.docx
    119.6 KB · Lượt xem: 10

phuonganhn

THÀNH VIÊN
Tham gia
19/4/23
Bài viết
Điểm
TUYỂN TẬP 15 Đề ôn tập tiếng anh lớp 9 có đáp án CUỐI NĂM VÀO 10 NĂM 2022 - 2023 được soạn dưới dạng file word gồm 31 trang. Các bạn xem và tải về ở dưới.
BỘ 12 ĐỀ ÔN THI CUỐI NĂM ANH 9

TEST 1

1. A. variety B. bilingual C. dialect D. derivative

2. A. accent B. dialect C. ability D. variety

3. A. documentary B. population C. stimulate D. maximum

0. A. enjoyB. control©. helpfulD. again
1. A. mysterious B. generous C. extensive D. pollution

2. A. exchange B. purpose C. casual D. fashion

A. sinceB. in©. OfD. at
1. The book__________ you lent me is worth to read.

A. what B. which C. whom D. whose

2. The boy__________ is talking with John is my best friend.

A. who B. which C. whom D. whose

3. She had to learn English because she works for a _________ company.

A. big B. world C. multinational D. multifunctional

4. The country was chopped up _________ small administrative areas.

A. into B. to C. between D. from

5. Two weeks ago, Mr. John__________ his reservations.

A. makes B. was made C. made D. has made

6. When I called on her, Mary__________ her room.

A. clean B. cleans C. cleaning D. was cleaning

7. Sarah and her husband__________ the movies last Saturday.

A. was going B. went to C. they went D. went they to

8. Louis Pasteur, _________ discovered a cure for rabies, was a French scientist.

A. he B. that C. who D. whom

9. The system of water pipes has broken. The supply_________.

A. will reduce B. will be reduced

C. will have reduced D. will be reducing

10. Please remember__________ this letter.

A. to post B. post C. posting D. to have posted

0. My ideas needed more careful exploration (EXPLORE)

1. There are __________________ways of doing this. (VARY)

2. Microgravity means the state of __________________. (WEIGHT)

3. The new airport is now fully __________________. (OPERATE)

4. Jack has still been __________________ for over the past 6 months. I hope that he will soon find a job. (EMPLOY)

5. Although his job is quite good, he still wants to look for another job which provides him more __________________ opportunities. (PROMOTE)

Mui Ne is located 24 kilometres northeast of Phan Thiet city. It is a fishing village as well as a familiar tourism area in BinhThuan province. (1) _________ lovely scenery of swaying coconut trees, Mui Ne, meaning “sheltered peninsula”, is one of the famous and popular holiday (2) _________ in the world with 15-kilometre strip of resorts along the beach.

Thank to the shallow and slopped beaches, the blue and clean water, nice sun rarely behind the clouds and cliffs battered by the waves of the sea, sometimes Mui Ne is (3) _________ Hawaii of Viet Nam. The beaches are fantastic with activities such as surfing and kite surfing. But the most attractive scenery at Mui Ne is moving lines of golden sand which is called “Sand Dunes” by local people. The sand is always moving because of the wind and looks like moving waves from a far and that is (4) _________ the dunes never look the same. The scenery is more fascinating at dawn. Mui Ne is really a good ideal for those who are interested in photography.

Mui Ne market and fishing harbor are also a good chance (5) _________daily life of local fishermen.

1. A. forB. withC. throughD. in
2. A. destinationsB. placesC. campsD. seasons
3. A. regardedB. foundC. judgedD. considered
4. A. reasonB. the reasonC. reason whyD. the reason why
5. A. to discoverB for discoveringC. discoveringD. to be discovered

A. Choose the best answer a, B, C or D to complete the sentences:

1. What language has the most speakers in the world?

A. English B. French C. Chinese D. Russian

2. ________people speak English as their first or native language.

A. Two-thirds of the world’s population B. Over 300 million

C. About 300 million D. nearly 300 billion

B. Answer the questions:

1. Are Chinese and Arabic probably major languages of the world?

2. What percent of the world’s radio stations are in English?

3. Why do some countries use English textbooks even though English is not the native language?

1.People believe that he was killed by terrorists.

è He _______________________________________________________________

2.Unless you watch TV every day, you won’t know much new news.

è If you ____________________________________________________________

3.The young boy is naughty. He rides an expensive motorbike.

èThe young boy who___________________________________________________

4. In spite of the high prices, my daughter insists on going to the movies.

èAlthough_________________________________________________________

5. "Why don't we share the cost of the tour?" said my friend.

èMy friend suggested ___________________________________________________

The three most important qualities to be a good teacher.

• Organized
  • patient
  • skillful and calm

TEST 2

I. Choose the word whose underline part is pronounced differently from the rest. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (0.6 điểm)

1.A. wanted B. washed C. worked D. stopped

2. A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head

3. A. sauce B. stew C. sugar D. steam

II. Choose the word which has different stress pattern from the rest. Circle A, B, C or D to indicate your answer. (0.4 điểm)

0. A. enjoyB. control©. HelpfulD. again
1.A. universe B. parabolic C. temperature D. Jupiter

2. A. skyscraper B. populous C. financial D. fabulous

III. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the sentences. (10 câu) ( 2.0 điểm )

A. sinceB. in©. OfD. at
1. The book …………………….Amelia is reading now is about the Big Bang theory.

A. whichB. whoC. whereD. whose
2. More open discussions ………………….online to help us reach a good decision.

A. will conductB. will be conductedC. conductsD. conducted
3. Neil Armstrong landed on……….moon in 1969.

A. a B. an C. the D.∅

4. There was a long queue at the ...................... and customers were getting impatient.

A. check-out B. take-off C. departure lounge D. stopover

5. We didn’t buy…………….flowers yesterday.

A. some B. many C. much D. any

6. Gagarin ...................... into space eight years before Armstrong walked on the moon.

A. fly B. flew C. had flown D. has flown

7. You should eat more fruits and vegetables if you ………… to lose weight.

A.will want B.want C.would want D.wanted

8. Do you believe that space…………..have landed on our planet?

A. robots B. terrorists C. aliens D. advertisement

9. Don’t forget ……….your identity card with you to the interview.

A. taking B. take C. to take D. to taking

10. I wish I could take………..where I can experience microgravity.

A. a parabolic flight B. an ocean cruise

C. an express train D. flying course

IV. Supply the correct tense or form of the verb in parentheses. (5 câu) (1.0 điểm )

3. I wish I (live) ________________ near my school at the moment.

4. My father enjoys (watch) _______________ television in the evenings.

3. Remember (dress)___________smartly when you attend an interview.

4. If it (not pour)___________with rain tomorrow, we can go on a picnic.

5. It’s estimated that 1.3 billion tons of food (waste)______________ annually.

I, Choose the correct word A, B, C or D for each gap to complete the following passage. (1.0 điểm )

English is the language (1)…………has the largest vocabulary, with approximately 500,000 words and 300,000 technical terms. One (2)…………the basic characteristics of English is the simplicity of form. Many English words have been simplified over centuries. Many English words do not (3) ………… according to parts of speech. Another basic characteristic of English is the flexibility English has become a flexible language in which the same word can operate as many parts of (4) …………. The openness of vocabulary is another basic characteristic of English. English has many borrowed words, derivatives, ………… compounds.

1. A. which B. what C. who D. whom

2. A. on B. by C. about D. of

3. A. spend B. change C. take D. use

4. A. report B. voice C. speech D. word

5. A. with B. and C. so D. of

II. Read the following passage and answer the questions:

Answer the questions:

Why are employees learning English?

I. Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the sentence before. ( 2.0 điểm )

• 1 This is the IELTS practice test book. I have told you about it
  • - This is the IELTS practice test book……………………………………………………….
2. My brother can’t find a good job because he isn’t good at English.

- If……………………………………………………………………………………………………

3. Tom has seen this film before.

- This film....................................................................................................................................

4. I never stay up late because it’s not good for my health.

- I avoid……………………………………………………………………………………………..

5. Although she reads vacancy ads in the newspapers everyday, she has not been able to find a job.

- In spite of…………………………………………………………………………………………..

II. In 100-120 words, write a letter to your friend and tell him/ her about the job you want to do in the future. Remember to say why you want to do the job.
You can begin:

Dear……………,

How’re thing? Have you thought of a future job yet? I know it’s still early to hve made a firm decision about it, but at least we can decide on a choice for our studies in the coming years.

I myself have decided to____________________________________________

I will try my best to make my dream come true.

Write to me soon and tell me about your decision.

Love,

………..

TEST 3

PART A: LANGUAGE FOCUS (4.0 POINTS)

I. Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ câu 0) đã làm. (0.6 điểm)

0. A. lively B. healthy ©. deny D. crazy

1. A. astronaut B. attach C. academic D. application

2. A. started B. landed C. decided D. burdened

3. A. architect B. teaching C. launch D. chop

II. Chọn một từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiết khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm. (0.4 điểm)

0. A. enjoy B. control ©.Helpful C. mision

1. A. accent B. factor C. apply D. massive

2. A. profession B. operate C. employment D. successful

III. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau. Khoanh tròn A, B, C hoặc D ứng với từ / cụm từ đúng như ví dụ câu 0) đã làm. (2.0 điểm )

0. She is always proud __________ her father.

1. When the water boils, add ________ salt and some slices of lemon into the soup.

A. a B. any C. an D. some

• 2. I’d like to become a _______ because I can travel everywhere and show tourists around.
  • A. tour guide B. explorer C. provider D. mechanic
  • 3. When I don’t know what an English word means, I often look it _______ in my English- Vietnamese dictionary.
  • A. at B. up C. on D. in
  • 4. The police are looking for two young men, ________ were seen running out of the store.
A. which B. that C. who D. whom

• 4. The school is expected ________ good citizents for society.
  • A. to provide B. provide C.providing D. provided
  • 6. Yesterday, when I arrived at the station, the train ________ for 15 minutes.
A. left B. leaves C. has left D. had left

7. She didn’t get the job _________ she had all the necessary qualifications.

A. despite B. in spite of C. although D. because

8. If people work so much, they _________ depressed.

A. felt B. may feel C. may have felt D. had felt

9. I’m interested in doing _________ so I can stay at home in the evening.

A. a living B. a course C. a living D. a nine-to-five job

• 10. A: How often do you play tennis?
  • B: Oh, ___________ .
A.No worries B.I’d love to C. once in the blue moon D. you’re welcome

IV. Chọn dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ (câu 0) đã làm (1.0 điểm )

0. Where are you ? I (cook) am cooking in the kitchen.

1. I (offer) ________________ to give you a lift if I had my car here.

2. She suggested that I (learn) _________________English harder.

3. In the future, more open discussions (conduct) ____________________ online to help us reach a good decision.

4. Yesterday when they came in, I (do) ________________________ an experiment.

5. The manager encouraged her staff (finish) ________________ the project soon.

PART B: READING ( 3.0 POINTS)

English is one of (1) __________ most popular languages in the world. It comes second in the number of (2) _________ after Chinese. In Vietnam, more and more people are studying English and they consider it a key to success. However, not everyone knows how (3) ________ English effectively.

The best way to improve the four skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing is to practice regularly. You should make use of every opportunity to speak English with friends in class or at English speaking clubs or ourselves in front of the mirror. Learning by heart all the words does not help much (4) _________ you do not read a lot because you will easily forget (5) ________ you have learnt. Reading books, listening to radio and watching films are better ways to memorize words. Besides, English learners should not be so shy because making mistakes is unavoidable in learning foreign languages. Practicing speaking a lot is a good way to correct your mistakes.

1. A. aB. anC. theD. some
2. A. singersB. designersC. careersD. speakers
3. A. learnedB. learningC. to learnD. learn
4. A. so thatB. ifC. thoughD. but
5. A. whatB. whichC. whenD. why
II. Đọc đoạn văn và chọn câu trả lời đúng cho mỗi câu hỏi. (2.0 điểm)

The Complex of Hue Monuments is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is located in the city of Hue in central Vietnam. Hue was founded as the Viet Nam capital city by Gia Long, the first king of the Nguyen Dynasty in 1802. It held this position for thirteen Nguyen kings until 1945.

The massive complex features hundreds of monuments and mins, such as the Forbidden Purple City, once the residence of the royal family and badly damaged during the Vietnam War. the Imperial City, royal tombs, the flag tower, pagodas, temples, a library and museum.

Hue, located on the banks of the Huong River, (also known as the Perfume River) is about a hundred kilometres north of Da Nang. Among the most impressive monuments in this former grand imperial capital are the Ngo Mon Gate of the Imperial City which once was exclusively used by the royal family and their servants and soldiers, the tomb of Emperor Minh Mang as well as the tomb of Emperor Tu Duc. In fact, many of the monuments surrounding the royal buildings were constructed in the early 19th century and were modeled after Beijing’s Forbidden City. The wall that surroundings the citadel is six metres high and two and a half kilometres long.

The historical complex is known not only for its rich architecture but also for its beautiful landscape setting. Overall, the site is quite spectacular. Avoid Hue between October and December as it gets most of its rain from the northeast monsoon during that period. This small city is also famous for its Imperial-style cuisine.

1. Where is the Complex of Hue Monuments located?

2. How far is it from Hue to Da Nang?

3. What is the historical complex famous for?

4.Theword “located” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _________ .

A. exhaustedB. situatedC. experiencedD. evaluated
5. All of the following are mentioned as features of the Hue Citadel EXCEPT .

A. a library and museum B. the flag tower

C. the Temple of Literature D. the royal tombs

PART C: WRITING ( 3.0 POINTS)

I. Hoàn chỉnh câu thứ hai sao cho nghĩa không thay đổi so với câu thứ nhất. (2.0 điểm)

1. The team plays on the left. The team has never won the championship.

=> The team which _____________________________________________________________.

2.The last time we saw our uncle was over two years ago.

=> We haven’t ________________________________________________________________ .

3. What a pity! her parents aren’t here at the moment.

=> She wishes ________________________________________________________________.

4. I don’t feel confident at interviews because my English is not good.

=> If my English ______________________________________________________________.

5. Students will play more active roles in the classroom.

=>More active roles ___________________________________________________________ .

II. Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1 điểm)

“The drawbacks of living in a city.”

You can use the following suggestions:

Traffic jams and traffic accidents.

Air pollution

Noise pollution

TEST 4

1. A. mechanic B. scholarship C. charity D. chemist

2. A. performance B. ocean C. moment D. vocational

3. A. played B. changed C. impressed D. informed

0. A.

1. A. information B. individual C. competition D. geographical

2. A. explore B. promote C. factor D. attach

1, If I were you , I ___________more often.

A. will exercise B. exercise C. would exercise D. would have exercised

2. He tries to study well ________ he wants to get a good job in the future.

3, I’m still suffering from ________ lag after my trip to Australia.

A. airline B. plane C. jet D. airplane

4. Your friend is good at English, __________?

A. is he B. does he C. isn’t he D. doesn’t he

5. Ì you want to pay a more ________ price, remember to book the tour two weeks in advance.

A. reasonable B. reason C. reasonably D, unreasonably

6. The film________the class watched yesterday was about the Apollo 13 space mission.

A. which B. who C. that D. both A & C

7, “Thank you very much for your help.” “______”

A. It’s quite OK. B. That’s right. C. I’d love to. D. You’re welcome.

8. A(n) ________ family includes several generations living together in the same house.

A. extending B. nuclear C. extended D. small

9, Nick wondered where __________ those traditional handicrafts

A, get B. got C. getting D. to get

10. The two countries agreed _______ full diplomatic relations.

A. set up B. set on C. set off D. set down

1. When we told him a plan, he agreed ( join)_____________ our team.

2, By the end of last year I (be)_______________ Ho Chi Minh City with my mother.

3, This time next week , we ( watch) ______________ a football match between Viet Nam and Malaysia

4, On the ISS, ________________ have to attach themselves so they don’t float around.( astronomy)

5, In Viet Nam , spring rolls are the ____________dish often made on Tet holidays and some special occasions. ( tradition)

Every year, students(0_ ______ many countries learn English. Some of these students are young children. Others are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school, others study by themselves. A few learn English just by (1)_________the language in films, on television, in the office or among (2)_________ friends. But not many are lucky enough to do that. Most people must work hard to learn another language.

Many boys and girls learn English at school (3)__________ it is one of their subjects. They study their own language, mathematics, and English. In England, America, or Australia, many boys and girls study their native language,(4)_________ is English, mathematics, and another language, perhaps French, or German or Spanish.

Many adults learn English because it is (5)________ for their work. Teenagers often learn English for their higher studies, because some of their books are in English at college or university. Others learn English because they want to read newspapers or magazines in English.

0. A. to B. of ©. in D. on

1. A. hearing B. hear C. hears D. heard

2. A. his B. her C. its D. their

3. A. so B. because C. although D. but

4. A. which B. what C. where D. why

5. A.use B. usefully C. useful D. useless

Sydney is Australia's most exciting city. The history of Australia begins here. In 1788 Captain Arthur Philips arrived in Sydney with 11 ships and 1624 passengers from Britain (including 770 prisoners). Today there are about 3.6 million people in Sydney. It is the biggest city in Australia, the busiest port in the South Pacific and one of the most beautiful cities in the world. In Sydney, the buildings are higher, the colours are brighter and the nightlife is more exciting. There are over 20 excellent beaches close to Sydney and its warm climate and cool winter have made its favourite city for immigrants from overseas. There are two things that make Sydney famous: its beautiful harbour, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, which was built in 1932 and the Sydney Opera House, which was opened in 1973.

1, Where does the history of Australia begin?

2, When did Captain Arthur Philipa arrive in Sydney?

3, What is the population of Sydney today?

4. Which of the following is NOT TRUE about Sydney in Australia in this passage?

A. It’s the most exciting city B. It’s not the biggest city in Australia

C.It’s the busiest port in the South Pacific D. the most beautiful cities in the world

5, The word “famous” in paragraph 8 could be replaced by which of the following?

Well-known B. popular C. beautiful D. both A & B

1, “ What are you doing now?”, Peter asked Mary.

à Peter asked Mary ______________________________________________________

2. 1. Nga doesn’t have many friends in Ha Noi.

à Nga wishes ___________________________________________________________

3. My father usually walked to work when he was young.

à My father used __________________________________________

4. Although the internet has some bad effects, more and more people use it.

à In spite of _____________________________________________________.

5. They are preparing your food right now.

à Your food________________________________________________________

II. Viết 1 đoạn văn khoảng 100 từ về chủ đề sau (1,0 điểm)

Write a short paragraph in about 100 words about the advantages and disadvantages of eating out. You can use these idias as cues:

Advantagesdisadvantages
  • Save time
  • Relax
  • Expensive
  • Unhealthy food

Begin with:

Eating out has its advantages and disadvantages. On the one hand, It …………… .........

TEST 5

1. A. Chinese B. speech C. technical D. touchdown

2. A. landed B. orbited C. excited D. attached

3. A. bilingual B. dialect C. derivative D. profile

1. A. versatile B. operate C. common D. variety

2. A. cognitive B. adulthood C. confident D. encourage

0. She is always proud _________her father

1. I have _________old brother and a younger sister.

A. an B. a C. the D. some

2. She spoke English with a(n)_________that I couldn't understand.

A. accent B. stress C. intonation D. tone

3. Peter can just about get _________in German.

A. up B. down C. out D. by

3. The paintings_________Mr Brown has in his house are worth around £ 100,000.

A. whose B.which C. what D. whom

5. I said that I remembered_________with him in a handicraft village, but he said I was mistaken.

A. to work B. working C. work D. worked

6. It’s a long time since I last used English. My English is a bit _________ now.

A. fluent B. rusty C. reasonable D. good

7. The film _________ by the time we got to the cinema.

A. already begun B. have already begun C. had already begun D. already began

8. How often do you play football?

- Oh,__________

A. the sky’s the limit. B. over the moon C. out of this word D. once in a blue moon

9. Many people are successful in their jobs __________ the fact that they have no degree.

A. due to B. in spite of C. although D. so that

10. Interesting movements have been launched to attract the_________ of a large number of youths.

A. participant B. participating C. participate D. participation

1.This is the first time I (make)__________ sakura butter cookies.

2. Before Mai became a professional astronaut, she (take)_________parabolic flights.

3. Which roles are women expected (play) __________ in the future?

4. Europe is home to many of the world’s most popular __________ attractions, (tour)

5. On the first day of school, the children chatted __________ to their friends about their summer vacations, (excite)

Being (1) _________ to speak English gives you a lot of advantages while you’re travelling to another country. English is the global language, which means it’s (2) ________ in many countries by many people. Communicating with local people will be easier when you speak English. Even though, not everyone can speak English fluently, common phrases in English can be understood by most people. This will come (3) _________ handy when you’re talking to drivers, hotel staffs, asking for directions or haggling for better price. Speaking English will also enhance your travelling experience (4) ________ you can get a lot of information about a country or a tourist attraction.

Many interesting facts(5) _________ can be found on location or on websites are usually

available in the native tongue and English.
1. A. possibleB. ableC. capableD. proficient
2. A. speakingB. spokeC. spokenD. speaks
3. A. inB. withC. forD. on
4. A. becauseB. butC. althoughD. so
5. whoB. whyC. whereD. which

Scientists have discovered a new planet, Hero. They are very confident that human beings will be able to live there, as it has water, light, oxygen and the temperaure and air are similar to those on Earth. They have done tests and know that plants can grow there. They have not seen any alien life there, but they cannot be sure that it doesn’t exist.

They have decided to send a spaceship of people there from Earth, to start a space conoly, and a new human society. But there is space for only six people. These people will have to stay there for the rest of their lives. No one else will be able to join the space conoly for at least a hundred years. They will take enough food tables for five years, together with four guns to protect themselves, and blankets, space-tents, etc. The spaceship will be controlled from the Earth, so there will not be a pilot. The journey to Hero will last about ten weeks.

The organisers have asked for volunteers, but unfortunately only ten people have volunteered. The spaceship must leave in two days’ time so there is no time to find new volunteers.

What have scientists discovered?

Are temperaure and air on on Hero planet the same as those on Earth?

How long does it take to travel from the Earth to Hero?

How many people are ready for the journey to Hero?

A.Ten new volunteers B. more than ten volunteers

C. 10 volunteers D. many people

5. What does the word “alien” in this passage closest meaning to?

A. planet B. plant C. animal D. strange

PART C: WRITING ( 3.0 POINTS )

1. She learned a few words of French last month.

→ She picked___________________________________________

2. My friend has decided to buy a motorbike . His bicycle was stolen last week.

→ My friend,____________________________________________

3. I never stay up late because it's not good for my health.

→ I avoid_______________________________________________

4. Although he made a lot of effort at work. He was not promoted.

→ Despite _____________________________________________

5. Minh doesn't read many English books because he doesn't have time.

→ If Minh________________________________________________

“How do you think the roles of teenagers will change in the future?”

You can use suggested ideas or your own ones

1. be more responsibility to society

2. take care of themselves

3. learn and prepare themselves for the future when they will be the ones in charge

TEST 6

1. A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head

2. A. excursion B. resort C. season D. reasonable

3. A. varied B. dipped C. picked D. sliced

1. A. exotic B. imperial C. commercial D. operate

2. A. punctual B. simplicity C. variety D. immersion

0.She is always proud __________her father.

A. since B. for ©. of D. with

1. Studies suggest ________only when you are most active and giving your digestive system a long break each day.

A. to eat B. being eaten C. eating D. being eating

2.If children don’t play sports, they ________sleepy and tired .

A. would feel B. will feel C. would have felt D. had felt

3.There isn’t ________airport near where I live________nearest airport is 70 miles away.

A. an/ A B. an/ The C. the/ A D. the/ The

4.It ________that China dug up the ocean floor to build artificial islands.

A. says B. said C. would be said D. is said

5.We all wish there ________ a smart board in our classroom.

A. is B. was C. has been D. had been

6.“ Do you ________your new classmate, or do you two argue?

A. get on with B. look forward to C. face up to D. keep up with

7.Dong Khoi Street is the main shopping street in the ________of downtown in Ho Chi Minh City.

A. mind B. heart C. head D. spot

8.If I could speak Spanish, I________next year studying in Mexico.

A. will spend B. had spent C. would have spent D. would spend

9. It’s an important part of your cultural identify to keep your_______in speaking English.

A. vocabulary B. language C. accent D. skill

10. The police have to try to catch the men ______drive dangerously.

A. who B. that C. whose D. whom

1.It (rain) ________ heavily since I got up this morning.

2. We had visited Van Phuc before we (come)___________back to their hotel for lunch.

3. I wish young people (spend) ___________much time taking up outdoor activities.

4. My grandparents prefer the (simple) ___________of country living.

5. A (lingual)_______ person is someone who can speak and use several different languages.

When I first started learning English ten years ago, I could hardly (1) ________a word-“hello”, “goodbye”, “ thank you” was just about it! I went to classes two evenings a week and

I was surprised at how quickly I (2) ________ progress. (3) ________ the course we learned lots of vocabulary and studied grammar rules.(4) ________thing I enjoyed most was being able to practice speaking (5) ________the other students in my class.

1. A. talkB. speakC. sayD. tell
2. A. doB. makeC. didD. made
3. A. DuringB. AfterC. BeforeD. While
4. A. ThatB. AC. TheD. Those
5. A. ofB. withC. inD. on

There is a saying that if you have not visited Ha Long Bay, you have not yet been to Viet Nam. On the other hand, we can say that if you have not visited Ha Long Bay, you have not yet seen the most beautiful place in the world. It takes us 4 hours by bus to travel 180 km from Ha Noi towards the northeast to Ha Long Bay.

Ha Long Bay had been twice recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1994 and in 2000, and also that Ha Long Bay is in the second place in the worldwide competition of the World’s Seven Natural Wonders. 1,969 limestone islands of various shapes, sizes, and in different green and amazing colors rise above the sea level. Ha Long Bay is as attractive and beautiful throughout the four seasons. Traveling on small sailboats among hundreds of limestone islands, one may visit the amazing Surprise Cave, the floating fishing village, and see how the locals live.

Questions

1. How long does it take to travel from Ha Noi to Ha Long Bay by bus?

2. When was Ha Long Bay recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site?

3. What makes the islands in Ha Long Bay marvelous?

4. Is there the best time to visit Ha Long Bay?

5. What are the things that you must do there?

1. She started working in this company 5 years ago.

- She has ___________________________________________

2. They have just built a new hospital in this town.

- A new hospital ____________________________________________

3. Yoga is a type of exercise. Many people enjoy yoga.

- Yoga_______________________________________________

4. “ I’m having a really hard time getting along with my parents.” Quan told me.

- Quan told _____________________________________________

5. Unless you study hard, you will not pass your exam .

If you ________________________________________________

II. Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1.0 điểm). “ The importance of learning English.”

-Dưới đây là một số gợi ý:

+A compulsory subject at school

+ Communicate with people all over the world

+ Widen knowledge about custom, tradition, society,…

TEST 7

1. A exist
2. A saved
3. A necessarily
B. exhaust
B. helped
B. mechanic
C. exhibit
C. looked
C. exception
D. exhibition
D. reduced
D. apprentice

1. A. careerB. serviceC. leisureD. colleague
2. A. countryB. fluencyC. accentD. official

6. – Susan: “Can you do the cooking today?” – Bill: “_________!”

A. Oh, all right. B. No, thank you.

C. I know that D. Yes, please

7.The good news which is more money _____on education in the next five years.

A. will spend B.will be spent C.spends D.is spent

8. The police are now looking for two young men,_______were seen running out of the store.

A. which B. whose C. whom D. who

9. Every school has to_________how well their students are doing.

A.evaluate B.evaluation C.evaluator D.evaluated

10. Make sure you __________ a hotel before you come to our island, especially in the summer.

A. bookB. keepC. putD. buy
IV. Chọn dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu.

1. Reliable friends are always there for you. They never fail (help)_________ you.

2. Why don’t you stop (work) ________ and take a rest?

3.Over a third of jobs _________________(take) over by robots in the next 15 years.

4. I wish she __________________(be) able to come with us tomorrow.

5. NASA told the press that Armstrong _______ (step) onto the lunar surface at 10:56:20 p.m.

English is the (1) _________important in the world today. A very large number of people understand and use English in many countries of the world.

Indeed English is a very useful language. If we speak English we can go to any place or country we like. We shall not find it hard to make people understand what we want to say. English also helps us to learn all kinds of subjects. Hundreds of books are (2)_________ in English everyday in many countries to teach people many useful things. (3) ___________English language has, therefore, helped to spread ideas and knowledge to all the corners of the world. There is no subject that cannot be taught in English.

As English is used so much everywhere in the world, it has helped to make the countries in the world more (4)_______ . The leaders of the world use English to understand one another. The English language has also helped to spread better understanding and friendship among countries of the world.

Lastly, a person who knows English is respected by people. It is for all these (5)_________ that I want to learn English.

1. A. most B. mostly C. chiefly D. best

2. A. print B. wrote C. published D. make

3. A. A B. An C. That D. The

4. A. friend B. friendly C. friendship D. friendliness

5. A. reasons B. causes C. effects D. results

Travel and tourism are very important to millions of people over the world. In every country you can find people that work in travel and tourism. Some countries need the money from tourism to help their people survive. It is necessary for these places that travel and tourism continue to expand and bring money to their regions. However, travel and tourism have negative aspects. Planes, buses, boats and other means of transportation that carry travelers and tourists cause pollution. Moreover, some people do things on a holiday they would never think of doing at home. For example, many travelers use a lot of water and electricity when they stay in hotels. They forget to turn off the lights or ever leave televisions and air conditioning units on when they leave the room. On top of that, it is often difficult or impossible for travelers to recycle items, so they end up leaving large amounts of waste behind. That’s why it is important for people to travel wisely and respect the places they visit. There are ways you can travel and be environmentally friendly. Here are some tips to help you:

- Don’t throw rubbish on streets, beaches or in the countryside.

- Don’t use too much water or electricity.

- Taste the local and national dishes of the country.

- Buy local products or souvenirs.

- Don’t buy any products made from endangered species; sea turtle shells or bags made from reptiles or other animals.

Questions :

1. Why is tourism important to some countries? ________________________________________________________________

2. How does tourism affect the environment? ________________________________________________________________

3. What do many travelers use a lot when staying in hotels? ________________________________________________________________

4. Why do some tourists end up leaving large amounts of waste behind? ________________________________________________________________

5. Should we throw rubbish on streets, beaches or in the countryside?

1. We can’t offer you the job because you don’t know English.

-> If you ..................... ........................................................................................

2. Mr Hung was our teacher. We will never forget him.

-> Mr Hung ..........................................................................................................

3. My father can speak both Vietnames and Chinese perfectly. ( bilingual )

-> My father..........................................................................................................

4. Will schools provide students with laptops or iPads?

Will students…………………………………………….……………………….

5. In spite of his good salary, Jack gave up his job.

→ Although……………………………………………………………………

Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau: (1.0 điểm).

What job would you like to do in the future? Write a paragraph about the three most important qualities for that job. You should give the name of the job, three qualities, reasons and examples to support your opinion.

TEST 8

1. A. afford B. wander C. annoy D. attract

2. A. citadel B. confusion C. content D. career

3. A. established B. astonished C. impressed D. informed

0. A.

1. A. attach B. attend C. orchid D. promote

2. A. important B. negative C. operate D. satellite

1. Your mother never has lunch at work, ______?

A. has she B. hasn’t she C. does she D. doesn’t she

2. Mai tries to study English well ________ she can study abroad.

3. I didn’t know what ________ to help my closest friend overcome his difficulty.

A. to do B. did C. do D. doing

4. She wishes she ________ foreigners to practice speaking English.

A. can meet B. had met C. could meet D. will meet

5. A: “Thanks a lot for your help”- B: “_________”

A. No worries D. I don’t know C. A good idea D. It’s up to you

6. There are some _______ tips on learning English well.

A. specifically B. specify C. specific D. specification

7. He was ________, so everybody knew him.

A. favourite B. famous C. known D. widespread

8. A(n) ________ family includes two generations living together in the same house.

A. extending B. extended C. nuclear D. large

9. The person ________ I met didn’t know where the meeting was.

A. which B. whom C. that D. Φ

10. Do you ________ up with your classmates at your new school.

A. put B. go C. get D. keep

1. Last night, after my sister (finish) ______________________ her work, she came home.

2. We (hurry) ______________________ gather our things and run to the bus stop.

3. I will see him when he (come) ___________________ here tomorrow.

4. This time next week, they (take) ______________________ an important exam.

5. English people eat a lot of salads because they think salads make them (health) _________________

It (0) is hard to believe that (1) _____ had computers a few years ago. I wonder how people lived. There must have been a lot of (2)_____ I can't imagine writing everything by hand. I also wonder how everything worked (3)______computers. We need computers today for everything. Hospitals, airports, the police, etc… Nothing can work without computers. I'm sure I'd be ten times busier than now if I didn't have a computer. Imagine having to find (4)_____paper and an envelope and then walking down the street to mail a letter! I love my computer. It makes everything in my life so (5)_____. Sure, it freezes and crashes sometimes. Sure, I lose some data. But that's not often. Most of the time my computer is like my bestfriend.

1. A. nooneB. any oneC. someoneD. no body
2. A. paperworksB. work paperC. paperworkD. paper work
3. A. withB. withoutC. byD. in
4. A. pieces ofB. a pieceC. piece ofD. a piece of
5. A. convenientB. convenienceC. inconvenientD. inconvenience

The three main causes of pollution by humans includes the release of smoke and fumes from manufacturing plants and various industries. Power plants release carbon monoxide and furnaces that burn waste are two examples of manmade pollution. Gasoline refineries also release dangerous chemicals in the air called hydrocarbons. The second cause is the burning of fossil fuels such as from cars, trucks, trains, airplanes. This type of pollution occurs often because people rely on transportation every day. Another main cause of pollution is from household and farming chemicals. On farms crop dusting may pollute the air, homes may be sprayed with chemical to kill bugs or to help the grass grow.

There are several effects of air pollution including acid rain, which is when rain is mixed with the pollution in the air. This acid rain can cause harm to trees, animals, fish, and other living organisms. It can cause problems with breathing and irritation to the eyes, nose, or throat. Sometimes people can also get headaches or have allergic reactions. Long-term effects can include lung cancer, heart disease and other health problems.

How many main causes of pollution by humans are there?

Why does the type of pollution from cars, trucks, trains, airplanes often occur?

May crop dusting on farms pollute the air?

4. The word “which” in paragraph 2 refers to which of the following?

A. acid rain B. air pollution C. effects D. pollution

5. The word “effects” in paragraph 2 could be replaced by which of the following?

A. efforts B. affect C. difficulty D. impacts

1. I usually went fishing when I was a small boy.

à I used ____________________________________________________________________.

2. “Are you doing your homework now?” Mary asked

à Mary asked _________________________________________________________________.

3. They said that this building was built in 1908.

à It _________________________________________________________________________.

4. Although Tim was a poor student, he studied very well.

à In spite of _________________________________________________________________.

5. Peter said to Tom “Why don’t you invite her to your birthday party?”.

à Peter suggested ______________________________________________________________.

II. Viết 1 đoạn văn khoảng 100 -120 từ về chủ đề sau (1,0 điểm): “ Some reasons why traditional crafts villages should be kept.”

Học sinh có thể sử dụng các gợi ý sau:.

- Contain many customs and cultural beauty of Vietnamese villages

- Provide jobs for millions of workers in rural areas

- Have products of better quality

TEST 9

0. A.lively B. healthy ©. deny D. crazy

A. chapter B. chemist C. cheese D. rich

2. A. nominated B. polluted C. provided D. destroyed

3. A. question B. accommodation C. information D. nation

1. A. tender B. simmer C. salad D. arrange

2. A. immersion B. dominance C. dialect D. stimulate

• She is always proud __________her father.
  • A. in B. on ©. of D. about

6.She doesn’t mind _______ hard to reach her career goals

A. work B. to work C. working D. worked

7.Besides Spanish, her _______ tongue, she can also speak Portuguese and English.

A. accent B. foreign C. first D. mother

8. Susan ______ a bit of Spanish when she was living in Mexico.

A. looked up B. got by in C. picked up D. took in

9. Mary isn’t _________her sister.

A. so pretty than B. as pretty than C. prettier as D. as pretty as

10. She used to learn how to play ________ piano, but she doesn’t have much musical talent.

A. a B. the C. an D. this

1. Pham Tuan is Viet Nam’s first ____________ . (astronomy)

2. My brother is ________ in both French and English .(fluency)

3. She speaks English very ________.(good)

4. Please ,stop __________ . The library is a quiet place. (talk)

5. A lot of people have come tonight to ____________the forum. (attendance)

Almost every language in the world has dialects and American English is no exception. At the present time there is an interesting study (1) __________ is on Americans speech habits. This study has shown that different words are (2) __________ used in different parts of the country to denote the same thing. For example, in the east, American use the word “soda” to denote a soft drink. In some parts of the west, a soft drink is “tonic”. Such differences are usually a source of conversation and sometimes misunderstanding (3) __________ .

Speech and life all (4) __________ the world have often changed. New words are being used when new discoveries are made and new concepts are formed. Usage determines what is correct and what is incorrect. Fifty years ago, it was incorrect to say “It’s me”. But today it is acceptable simply (5) __________ most Americans say that instead of “It’s I”. People changed, so language changes. What is wrong today may be right tomorrow.

1. A. which B. where C. who D. when

2. A. frequent B. frequency C. frequently D. freedom

3. A. begins B. changes C. gets D. happens

4. A. of B. in C. over D. on

5. A. because B. although C. despite D. in order to

1.What language has the most speakers in the world?

2. How many people speak English as their first or native language.?

3. Are Chinese and Arabic probably major languages of the world?

4. What percent of the world’s radio stations are in English?

5. Why do some countries use English textbooks even though English is not the native language?

1. I can speak both English and French perfectly.

- I’m bilingual_________________________________________________________________

2. I visited the Astronomy Museum. There I was able to touch a meteorite.

- I visited the Astronomy Museum ________________________________________________

3.I am interested in working in a multicultural environment

- I enjoy _____________________________________________________________________

4. We last went to Spain three years ago.

- It is ________________________________________________________________________

5. Although it rained heavily, they went out.

Despite_______________________________________________________________________

The advantages of learning English in an English speaking country.

*Perfect pronunciation

*Understand the culture

*Increase your confidence

TEST 10

1. A. finished B. stopped C. passed D. carved

2. A. clear B. hear C. bear D. appear

3. A. profile B. dialect C. derivative D. bilingual

0. A. enjoyB.perform©. helpfulD. relax
1. A.astronautB. breadwinnerC. spacecraftD.application
2. A. promoteB. confusionC. operateD. financial

A. sinceB. in©. ofD. at
1. Last night I came home, cooked dinner, and TV.

A. watch B. watched C. was watching D. would watch

2. I rarely eat ice cream now but I it when I was a child.

A. eat B. used to eat C. would eat D. didn’t use to eat

3. I wish I you some money for your rent, but I’m broke myself.

A. can lend B. would lend C. could lend D. will lend

4. Our teacher’s is that we set up a project on preservation of our traditional games.

A. offer B. suggestion C. scheme D. order

5. Does he tell you how he is getting his new colleagues?

A. on with B. on of C. away with D. out of

6. Unfortunately the new system didn’t our expectations.

A. catch up with B. bring about C. come across D. come up to

7. Tet is a festival………… occurs in late January or early February.

A. whom B. when C. where D. which

8. It’s raining. … …..., Mr. Nam has to go to work.

A. Although B. So C. Therefore D. However

9. If I ………….rich, I ……………….around the world.

A. will be - travel B. am - will travel C. were - would travel D. would be – traveled

10. Hoa: I suggest going camping next Sunday.- Lan: …………………………..

A. That’s a fine day B. That’s a good idea C. That’s a reason D. That’s a good trip

1. Yesterday, when we ( visit)…………………. them, they ( have)………….….. dinner.

2. My house ( build)………………………………………..at present.

3. The accident happened because he drove …………………………... (care)

4. Air …………….……is one of the problems that people have deal to with. (pollute)

Environmental pollution is a term that refers to all the ways by (1)…….man pollutes his surroundings. Man dirties the air with exhaust gases and smoke, contaminates the water with chemicals and other substances, and damages the (2) …..with too many fertilizers and pesticides. Man also pollutes his surroundings in various other ways. For example, people ruin natural beauty by scattering junk and litter on the land and in the water.

Environmental pollution is one of the most serious problems (3) ………….. mankind today. Air, water, and soil are necessary to the survival of living things. Badly polluted air can cause illness, and even death. Polluted water kills fish and other (4) ….life. Pollution of soil reduces the amount of land that is available for growing food. Environmental pollution also brings ugliness (5) …….man’s natural beautiful world.

1. A. that B. whom C. which D. whose

2. A. soil B. forest C. beach D. stream

3. A. faces B. faced C. to face D. facing

4. A. human B. marine C. animal D. plant

5. A. to B. on C. for D. in

Alexander Fleming was born in 1881 in Scotland. He went to a small school in a village, and when he left school he didn’t go to university. He worked for five years in an office. But his brother, Tom, was a doctor and helped Fleming to go to university and study medicine. So he went to London University and in 1906 he became a doctor. In 1915, Fleming married Sarah McElroy, an Irish woman. They had one son. During the First World War, many soldiers died in hospital because they didn’t have the right medicines. So after the war, Fleming tried to find a drug that could help them. He worked for many years and in 1928 he discovered a new drug and he called it “penicillin”. He later worked with an Australian and a German scientist to develop a drug that doctors could use. In 1945, they won the Nobel Prize in medicine for their work on penicillin.

1. Where was Alexander Fleming born?

………………………………………………………………

2. Did he work in an office before he went to university?

……….………………………….………..

3. What did he study at university?

………………………………………………………….………

4. When did he win the Nobel Prize in medicine?

…………………………………………….………

5.What did he discover in 1928?

………………………………………………………………………………

1. The girl is very friendly. She lived next door to us.

->The girl ...................................................................................

2. I am very tired, so I can’t go with you.

->If I ..............................................................................

3.We were late for school because of the heavy rain.

->Because it ....................................................................................

4. My mother used to make us clean the house.

->We used .......................................................................................

5."I'm working in a restaurant, and don't care much for it." she said.

->She said .....................................................................................

II.Viết một đoạn văn khoảng 100-120 từ về chủ đề sau:

Làm thế nào để tiết kiệm năng lượng trong gia đình? (1.0 điểm).

TEST 11

1.A. carved B. impressed C. embroidered D. weaved

2.A. spread B. cream C. bread D. head

3.A. lighthouse B. heritage C. hotel D. hour

4.A. workshop B. outskirts C.remind D. village

5.A.communication B. cosmopolitan C. multicultural D. metropolitan

A. sinceB. in©. OfD. at
1. The paintings __________ Mr. Brown has in his house are worth around $ 100,000.

A. whose B. which C. what D. whom

2. The language that you learn to speak from birth is ____________ language.
A. official B. first C. second D. foreign
3. She asked me if I________a laptop computer the following day.

A.buy B. will buy C. bought D. would buy

4. If I had more time, I ______________ a Business English course.

A. will take B. would take C. take D. took

5.Karachi in Pakistan is the ________largest city in the world in population.

A. most B. second C. two D. twice

6. My friend from India speaks a ______________of English that I sometimes find it hard to understand.

A. language B dialect C. jargon D. bilingual

7. __________she passed the final exam, she hasn’t pleased her parents.

A. Although B. In spite of C. Because D.Because of

8. Our trip to Spain, we acrossed_____________Atlantic Ocean.

A. the B.a C.an D. Æ

9.We have to try to harder so that our handicrafts can keep________________.theirs.

A. on B. up C.up with D.up down

10.A: I’d like to book a room, please. - B: _______________

A.Yes, please. B. Certainly. C. Oh, thank you. D. That’s fine.

IV. Chọn dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc để hoàn chỉnh câu như ví dụ ( Câu 0) đã làm (1.0 điểm

0. Where are you ? I (cook ) am cooking in the kitchen .

1. Thu was upset because her parents______________her. (understand)

2. One of the______________in my hometown is the traditional market. (attract)

3. After we (finish)________________ our dinner, we went out for a walk.

4. It ( report) ______________ that thousands of visitors come to enjoy beautiful view of Binh Dai Fortress every year.

5. The students are looking forward to ( receive) _______________the result of the final examination.

II. Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời các câu hỏi sau. (2 điểm ).

In countries like the United Kingdom, the USA, and Australia people speak English as a first language. But they don't speak exactly the same English. English sounds different in these countries because people use different pronunciation and there are different words for some things. Americans don't say “football”, they say “soccer”, and they say “movie”, not “film”. Some Australians say “G'day”, not “Hi”, and they don't say “this afternoon”, they say “this arvo”. In some countries, for example India and some African countries, there are a lot of different languages, so people use English as the official language.

In countries where English isn't a first language, people speak it as a foreign language. People want to study English because it's an international language; it's in films, magazines and pop songs. A lot of people, especially scientists and business people, use English when they work, travel or use a computer.

About 80% of the information on the Internet is in English. A lot of people communicate on the Internet in English too. Some people write a different type of English when they communicate in chat rooms or by instant messages like MSN. They use words like "uok", "thnx" and "cul8r". These words are faster to write than "Are you OK?", "Thanks" and "See you later"!

Questions:

1. In what countries do people speak English as a first language?

2. What do some Australians say when they m

3. Why do some countries use English as an official language?

4. Why do people all over the world want to learn English?

5. Why do many young people use shorter words in messages?

1. Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.

=> In spite of ________________________________________________________________

2. She likes the history of Asian countries very much.

→ She is very interested ________________________________________________________

3. I’m not good at cooking, so I can’t become a chef.

→ If _________________________________________________________________________

4. “Can you help me wash the dirty dishes?” said Tim.

→ Tim asked me _______________________________________________________________

5. I bought a book at the bookstore near my house yesterday. It was really interesting.

→The book __________________________________________________________________

your job in the future.

You can use suggested idea or your owns ones:

- Name of your future job

- Where will you work (which company/ factory/…….)

- Why do you like this job?

- What will you prepare for your career in the future?

TEST 12

I. Chọn một từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn . (0.6 điểm)

1.A.unit B. underline C. university D. uniform.

2.A. saved B. helped C. looked D. reduced.

3.A. chapter B. cheese C. rich D. chemist.

II. Chọn một từ có trọng âm chính rơi vào vị trí âm tiêt khác các từ còn lại. Khoanh tròn A, B,C hoặc D ứng với từ chọn . (0.4 điểm)

1. A.capable B. different C. delightful D.difficult.

2 .A. complete B. family C. grocery D. primary

III. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ thích hợp nhất để hoàn chỉnh các câu sau. Khoanh tròn A,B,C hoặc D ứng với từ / cụm từ đúng . ( 2.0 điểm )

1. Halley __________that Mercury was so far away that its parallaxangle would be very difficult to determine.

A. realized B. knew C. learned D. promised.

2. I was shocked __________the new of the crashed plane.

A.about B. with C. of D. at

3. At present, women __________by law.

A. is protected B. are protected C. protects D. protecting.

4. He suggests that mothers ________are employed full-time will not be able to give their children enough care and attention.

A. which B. who C. whom D. whose

5. I said that I remembered __________with him in a handicraft village, but he said I was mistaken.

A. to work B. works C. working D. worked

6. Would you mind __________me through to the manager,please?

A. to put B. puts C. puting D. putting.

7. In__________, students can study a work sector like applied business, disign, health or tourism.

A. vocational subjects B. academic subjects

C. applied approach D. schedule.

8.I wish I could take ________where I can experience microgravity.

A. flying course B. an ocean cruise

C. an express train D. a parabolic flight

9. In the near future, a teacher will act more like a(n)___________than a giver of knowledge.

A. instructor B. facilitator C. speaker D. listener.

10. Beyond 2030 is a forum __________allows students to share their vision of the future.

A. who B. it C. which D. and.

IV. Chọn một từ/ cụm từ được gạch chân trong bài: A,B,C,hoặc D cần sửa lỗi.(1điểm)

1. Barbara never listens to music on the radio, doesn’t she?

A B C D

2. My aunt wishes that she has a large house in the countryside.

A B C D

3. Jane looked sadly and worried this morning.I wonder what happened to her.

A B C D

4. I am writing for you about my decision.

A B C D

5. I suggest to have a separate basket for wastepapers.

A B C D

Answer the questions:

5. Why are employees learning English?

I'm not good at cooking, so I can't become a chef.

->If __________________________________________________________

2.'Can you help me wash the dirty dishes' said Tim.

->Tim asked me _____________________________________________________

3.You should ride your bike carefully, or you may have an accident.

->If you __________________________________________________________

4. Although she reads vacancy ads in the newpapers every day, she has not been able to find a job.

->In spite of________________________________________________________

5.After lots of effort, the boy was finally successful in getting the position of striker in the school's football team.

->After lots of effort, the boy managed ___________________________________

Write a paragraph about the reason why people want to explore space”.

You may use some of the following ideas as cues:

We are eager to get knowledge of our solar system.

We are curious.

View attachment 246707
K có đán án ạ

Nếu bạn cảm thấy nội dung chủ đề bổ ích , Hãy LIKE hoặc bình luận để chủ đề được sôi nổi hơn
  • Từ khóa
    bộ đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 bộ đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 bộ đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 học kì 1 bộ đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 học kì 2 de thi hsg tiếng anh 9 có file nghe violet de thi hsg tiếng anh 9 năm 2019 de thi hsg tiếng anh 9 tỉnh bắc giang de thi tieng anh lop 9 co dap an de thi tiếng anh lớp 9 có file nghe violet de thi tieng anh lop 9 thi diem hoc ki 2 giải đề thi tiếng anh 9 đáp án đề thi tiếng anh 9 bắc ninh đề kiểm tra 15 phút tiếng anh 9 thí điểm đề thi 15 phút tiếng anh lớp 9 đề thi giữa kì môn tiếng anh 9 đề thi giữa kì tiếng anh 9 chương trình mới đề thi giữa kì tiếng anh 9 có đáp án đề thi hk1 tiếng anh 9 thí điểm đề thi hk2 tiếng anh 9 bến tre đề thi hk2 tiếng anh 9 mới đề thi học kì 1 tiếng anh 9 mới đề thi học kì i tiếng anh 9 đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng anh 9 cấp huyện đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng anh 9 cấp tỉnh đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng anh 9 cấp trường đề thi hsg môn tiếng anh 9 đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 cấp huyện đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 cấp quốc gia đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 cấp thành phố đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 cấp tỉnh đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 có file nghe đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 có đáp an đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 thành phố hà nội đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 tỉnh hải dương đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 tỉnh thanh hóa đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 tỉnh vĩnh phúc đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 tphcm đề thi hsg tiếng anh 9 violet đề thi hsg tiếng anh lớp 9 cấp quận đề thi khảo sát tiếng anh 9 đầu năm đề thi môn tiếng anh 9 đề thi môn tiếng anh lớp 9 học kì 2 đề thi olympic tiếng anh 9 đề thi olympic tiếng anh lớp 9 cấp thành phố đề thi thử tiếng anh 9 vào 10 đề thi tiếng anh 11 unit 9 đề thi tiếng anh 9 đề thi tiếng anh 9 cuối kì 1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 cuối kì 2 đề thi tiếng anh 9 giữa học kì 1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 giữa học kì 2 đề thi tiếng anh 9 giữa kì 1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 giữa kì 2 đề thi tiếng anh 9 hà nội đề thi tiếng anh 9 hk1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 hk1 có đáp án đề thi tiếng anh 9 hkii đề thi tiếng anh 9 học kì 1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 học kì 1 có đáp án đề thi tiếng anh 9 học kì 1 violet đề thi tiếng anh 9 học kì 2 đề thi tiếng anh 9 học sinh giỏi đề thi tiếng anh 9 kì 1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 kì 2 đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 có đáp án đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 hà tĩnh đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 nghệ an đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 violet đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên 10 đà nẵng đề thi tiếng anh 9 lên lớp 10 đề thi tiếng anh 9 thí điểm học kì 1 đề thi tiếng anh 9 thí điểm học kì 2 đề thi tiếng anh 9 vào 10 đề thi tiếng anh 9 vào 10 có đáp an đề thi tiếng anh 9 vào lớp 10 đề thi tiếng anh 9 violet đề thi tiếng anh cấp quận lớp 9 đề thi tiếng anh chuyên ngành y khoa đề thi tiếng anh học kì ii lớp 9 đề thi tiếng anh khảo sát lớp 9 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 7 unit 7 8 9 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 8 unit 9 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 chương trình mới đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 có file nghe đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 khảo sát đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 năm 2018 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 năm 2019 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 năm 2021 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 nâng cao đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 online đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 thí điểm hk1 violet đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 tỉnh bình dương đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 tỉnh phú thọ đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 tỉnh đồng nai đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 trắc nghiệm đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 tuyển sinh 10 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 unit 6 đề thi tiếng anh lớp 9 vndoc đề thi tiếng anh vào 9 đề thi tiếng anh y khoa đề thi tuyển sinh tiếng anh 9
  • HỖ TRỢ ĐĂNG KÝ VIP

ĐĂNG KÝ THÀNH VIÊN VIP
    ZALO:0979702422

BÀI VIẾT MỚI

Thống kê

Chủ đề
    Bài viết
    Thành viên
    Thành viên mới nhất
    Võ Thảo Anh